Steps to Downgrading Win 10 to Win 7

KCKaty

Hi ,
I just purchased this laptop at a fairly inexpensive price, because I wanted to have a "typewriter" that would have the bells an whistles, and be used strictly off internet. The problem is that I don't like or want Windows 12, and e ven off the internet, I'm still plagued with issues having to do with skipping, slow clicking from one browser or an y area to the next, and the list goes on and on...
A nyway, I want to downgrade to Windows 7Pro 64 -bit, but I've forgotten the right way to go about it . Can someone take a look at what I've purchased and tell me what to do or where to go in order to get things started? I'm probably going to have to downgrade or change m y bios. I think that was the first thing I had to do, but I'm not sure how to do that either.
One more question: Is it possible to downgrade from Win10 and keep some of its features ?
Thanks in advance,
KCK
Lenovo 330 15.6-Inch HD Energy-efficient Premium Laptop | Intel Celeron Processor N4100 Quad-core | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 1TB HDD | DVD-RW | Card Reader | WiFi | HDMI | Bluetooth | Windows 10 (Renewed)

Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient LED Backlight, Intel UHD Graphics 600
  • Intel Celeron Processor N4100 Quad-core, 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 Memory, 1TB HDD
  • Built-in Stereo Speakers, Built-in HD Webcam, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 X HDMI
  • DVD-RW, Lan 10/100, 802.11 AC, Bluetooth, 4 in 1 Card Reader (MultiMediaCard, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 4.85 Lbs, 0.9-Inch Thin, Platinum Gray

The short answer is you probably won't be able to.

1. Most newer computers do not have any support or not complete support for drivers for Windows 7
  2. There is no downgrade path, you'd have to install a fresh copy of Windows 7
  3. Windows 10 does not entitle you to a Windows 7 license, you'd need to purchase it
  4. The feature sets are not transferable between versions of Windows unless that feature exists in Windows 7
  5. Windows 7 is end of life in January and software companies will stop supporting it as well as installers may not be available

I have quite a few Windows 7 licenses.
I'm prepared to install a fresh copy, just wanted to see if there were any new or easier steps towards that solution.
I have all my Windows 7 drivers (for Lenovo, Hp and Dell). I just didn't know if in light of Win7's demise there was a central place being created to gain access in the future.
I've actually had a few instances in the past where a feature "slipped" into my Windows 7 install, and worked well. I was hoping maybe there was some reason other than luck.
Guess there's nothing really new from the last time I downgraded with a fresh install. I plan on holding onto Win7 as long as possible,even if only as a 'typewriter', because frankly, Windows 10 I just can't deal with on any level.

Back