Windows 10 StrTrail.txt Error. Any help is appreciated.

needhelpBSOD

Hello,

I am currently running into a BSOD on my windows Laptop. I currently am stuck in a loop where I cannot even enter Safe Mode, and I have run out of online sources that could help me in the correct direction. According to my SrtTrail.txt file, my error lies within the bootres.dll, which is corrupt. I have tried things such as chkdsk, bootrec, sfc scannow, DISM, and restoring from a restore point, but have run into more and more problems/errors at each step. If anyone could provide me with any help to try and work through my BSOD, I would appreciate it.

PS: If you have any recommendations for me, I am not very advanced in this type of troubleshooting, so I may need instructions on how to do certain things. If anyone responds to this, thank you :). I also cannot get into my PC at all to download the diagnostic tool.

Last edited:
...I have tried things such as chkdsk, bootrec, sfc scannow, DISM, and restoring from a restore point, but have run into more and more problems/errors at each step. If anyone could provide me with any help to try and work through my BSOD, I would appreciate it.

PS: If you have any recommendations for me, I am not very advanced in this type of troubleshooting, so I may need instructions on how to do certain things. If anyone responds to this, thank you :). I also cannot get into my PC at all to download the diagnostic tool.

Since you have already tried different things that only made the situation worse, I think it is wiser to run a Linux live-DVD/USB in order to save the important files you have on that computer and then just reinstall Windows using the latest available ISO file. You can find it here:

Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

Back