Windows 7 Stuck on safe mode - BSOD

noegh555

Hello,

I have asked about my BSOD on a different forum, and thankfully people are helping me by asking for files that display all the processes on my laptop.

But, here are my conditions right now - As my condition seem like the only one...or not

- I CANNOT boot normal mode AT ALL - Most instructions avaliable seem to talk about things I CANNOT do right now
- No search functions - Cannot use start to search up files
- What happened was I was using a virus infected lapton with no way to download MBAM, So I did in safe mode plus disk cleanup and after that I cannot boot it into normal mode
- WINDOWS 7 is unlicenced plus the loss of functions - So even if I find my code I cannot do anything about it - And I cannot find a way to reactivate using safe mode
- As said, this problem has occured after using safe mode to resolve malware issue and clearing my C drive. Before then, it was working with disadvantages.

So I feel like the only option is to reinstall - If I cannot find sources outside that meet my criteria, it feels toast.

a

Hi,
if you have an install disk then try booting from it and running a repair once you get to the install page.

Also when a system blue screens, settings permitting, a dump file will be created and stored in the main windows folder. Look for a folder marked minidump if no dump files are present then you will have to change your settings (I think you can do this under safe mode)
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok. (your looking for system properties)
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

If you do have dump files then post them up if you can.

You could also try safe mode with command prompt. Open the command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

How quick can you get a licensed version of Windows?

Hi,
if you have an install disk then try booting from it and running a repair once you get to the install page.

Also when a system blue screens, settings permitting, a dump file will be created and stored in the main windows folder. Look for a folder marked minidump if no dump files are present then you will have to change your settings (I think you can do this under safe mode)
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok. (your looking for system properties)
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

If you do have dump files then post them up if you can.

You could also try safe mode with command prompt. Open the command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

How quick can you get a licensed version of Windows?

To repeat, do I need the cd first?

To repeat, do I need the cd first?
By this I take it you mean the windows 7 install disk? The sooner you can get a legit copy of windows the better. Once you have the disk you can try some of the solutions offered above although it might be better to do a clean install.

Hi Noegh,

A clean install is basically wiping the OS from the drive and reinstalling it completely fresh, however if you do this you must be sure that all the data you wish to keep is backed up.

Which laptop are you using? Manufacturer, model and so on.
Some can be reset to factory conditions.
Who knows...

Back