Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) problem again

Thank you, unfortunately it didn't reveal much and I would ask that you obtain the Windows 10 iso for either disk or USB using the links above.

Also do you have anything plugged into this pc other than a keyboard or mouse? If so please unplug whatever it is.

I assume this pc once had an Nvidia graphics card? A NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, can you remember what happened to it or even if it's still installed?

Hi kemical,
I am currently trying to copy the computer spec details to you, been a real problem as th Problem computetr is stuck in safe mode so cant use my scanners etc, I have just gone to the windows side to see if I can create the \windows 10 install disc. All I can see is
"Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?"
What do I select?
I have put a usb pen stick in but uncertain what the next move is. I don't want to install Windows 10 again on my laptop and mes that up.

Will be back with you shortly

I am sending 3 images showing my computer details as it is today, hope that helps
Image 1 below

Attachments

• cm2_1.jpg
    cm2_1.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 298
Hi Silverman,
thank you, I can see that you do indeed have a nvidia graphics card.

All I can see is
"Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?"
What do I select?

You need to click on the button to download the media creation tool. See screenshot:
tool.JPG

How big is the pen drive you have plugged in?

Once you've created the Windows 10 install USB post back.

This is the final photo, hope that helps.

look forward to hearing from you kemical, Thanks for your help todate

Attachments

• cm2_3.jpg
    cm2_3.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 277
Hi kemical,
Sorry for delay, I have a 64Gb Lexar flash Stick) (still have 51.7Gb free space will that be Ok)?

I have followed your link three times this afternoon, and it's just not loading. the spinner just goes round and round. I did see it's a US site (I think - is that normal?).

I will keep trying it. It did launch first thing this morning, but I had to get back to you with my query. I have a meeting later so trying to get somewhere if I can.

Hi kemical,

Finally done (after about a half an hour), it's on my laptop in "Downloads" how do I get to my USB pen stick? It did not give me any options whilst down loading. the USB stick was plugged in.

Lets hope we are getting some where now.

Hi Silverman,
ok that's great. Can you now follow this guide on how to install it onto your pendrive:
How to create a bootable USB Drive using Rufus

Once you have it installed on the pendrive (be carefull as the iso might write over data which you want to keep so I'd move everything off the stick for the time being) please post back and we will go on with the next step. Do not go ahead and re-install yet, thanks.

Sorry I did not have time to get back to you yesterday kemical I had a meeting so did not have time. As I said I have the download in the "Download Box and I cant see an option for down loading it to by (Now blank USB memory stick) the only options are
1. Remove from History
2. OPEN containing folder
3. Go to Download Page
4. Copy download to link
5. Clear down load

It's a bit confusing (to me)

I thought I had sent the above, but for some reason it dod not sent
--
Today this laptop (i am now using) started playing up, so (perhaps wrongly I used your link to Remove Norton, it ran but left me with a continuous pop-up trying to get me to re-install Norton again. Nothing I tried seemed to stop it. As a result It stopped me from doing anything. In the end I had to contact Norton. I gave them access to my computer and they managed to delete about another Norton files, this solved the pop up problem. Norton then did a full scan check of this laptop looking for any possible viruses, none found. Only one start-up file that did not look right so this was removed. Job done and seemed to be operating ok at last. The first thing I noticed was the download I did yesterday (ready to copy to the USB memory stick has disappeared!! So I am now faced with downloading it again. I did download " SimpleDriveUpdaterSetup_pcc.exe" and I have done nothing with that as yet.

No going to see if I can download the "how to create a bootable Windows USB by TECHFLEECE"

Everthing seems to be so slow with the computer, it's driving to a real depression. thanks for sticking with me

Hi kemical just out of curiosity I believe that window creation tool makes the USB bootable is there a reason how come you're suggesting first the creation tool by Microsoft and then rofus tool is therea reason for giveng him more options because I'm a bit confused thanks and good to see you

Last edited:
Sorry I did not have time to get back to you yesterday kemical I had a meeting so did not have time. As I said I have the download in the "Download Box and I cant see an option for down loading it to by (Now blank USB memory stick) the only options are
1. Remove from History
2. OPEN containing folder
3. Go to Download Page
4. Copy download to link
5. Clear down load

It's a bit confusing (to me)
Well if you had followed the information I gave you in post #65 you should have been asked if you want to install on USB or download the iso. I presume you chose the iso otherwise you'd be sitting there with Windows 10 on your USB. I perhaps wasn't clear enough explaining things so apologies.

Now because you said you had the download in your downloads folder I didn't question it I just gave you another link and guide showing you what to do with the iso (post #69)

Last edited:
Hi kemical just out of curiosity I believe that window creation tool makes the USB bootable is there a reason how come you're suggesting first the creation tool by Microsoft and then rofus tool is therea reason for giveng him more options because I'm a bit confused thanks and good to see you
See thread above.. :)

Hi Ssndbox,
I am really confused, when I clicked on the link provided above it downloaded SimpleDriveUpdatersetup_pcc.exe
this has now installed something that's inspected my computer and this is a screen shot.

Attachments

• 15_01_08_36-out-of-date-drivers.jpg
    15_01_08_36-out-of-date-drivers.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 299
Silverman run norton.

Don't you still have the creation tool from microsoft?

Stop the download too.... Did you pay?

I meant just use the guide not the link.

I thought you already had the creation tool from Microsoft?

Who did you pay for the download?

If this system is in your office where is your tech support?

Hi Ssndbox,
I am really confused, when I clicked on the link provided above it downloaded SimpleDriveUpdatersetup_pcc.exe
this has now installed something that's inspected my computer and this is a screen shot.
who told you to download that and what was that for?

Back