Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) problem again

It's still running and I hope thge ETA showing does not represent the complation time. \It's currently 8pm in the UK, and it shows a completion time (ETA) as being 4:01:05 (Iwill be in bed by then!)

Enclosing a snip showiung current state. (the last two lines are stilklk counting up)

Sorry not a good image, but may help!

Attachments

• screen-07-4-0pm-200516s.jpg
    screen-07-4-0pm-200516s.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 308
Yup all this is fine but since we had a lot of trouble getting to this point in the procedure I've been keeping things simple. I do not think the op has a great deal of IT experience so I'm waiting to see how this pans out.. :)

It's still running and I hope thge ETA showing does not represent the complation time. \It's currently 8pm in the UK, and it shows a completion time (ETA) as being 4:01:05 (Iwill be in bed by then!)

Enclosing a snip showiung current state. (the last two lines are stilklk counting up)

Sorry not a good image, but may help!
Well it still seems to be doing it's thing, which, is a good sign although the length of time is unavoidable I'm afraid.

As BBJ suggests above we may have to disconnect your other drives but this is only if we don't have any success down this route or others we may yet try.

For info:
The computer has the following:
"C" is a OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb SSD Sata 3 (has mainly programmes)
"E" is a 540Gb WD500 AAKX
"F" is a 2TB WD20 EZRX
"P" ia a 2TB WD20EARX
All SATA drives

Hey Thanks Silverman,
at some point it might be worth trying things with just the one drive installed but let's see how your other options pan out first.

Silverman the files that you need to obtain from this pc, are they on the C drive?

Disconnecting drives is not a problem. My problem is time over the next fours days due to other commitments.
I dont want to have a late night have to be away by just after 8am. (that in 12 hours).
I appreciate what yoiu guys are doing. When this problem started O could select Run "config" then pop in and out of Safe mode easily, so what changed I don't know.

The files that are on the C drive? are all the programmes that are installed as MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Photoshop, Drivers for scanners, and 100's of colour profiles etc, etc.
L:eek:osing any of them will give me months of work. I am sure it's somthing to do with updates over the last few weeks, could have been a MS one. All my computers have been a real pain at various times but only reasonly. I reluctantly removed NORTON from this laptop so see if that was a problem or not, still not convinced. Window 10 and Norton seem to have lots of problems especially with brousers as you know.

Norton used to be awesome circa 2002 but it didn't last.. I used it religiously until maybe 2004 edition . Now it's one of the first things we suggest when dealing with bsod's (removing norton that is).

@kemical: Well, Norton is still awesome IMHO, Ross.:D I still use it on my main Laptop, and my son's Win8.1 Lenovo PC. I've tested it thoroughly on W10 Home; not so much on W10 Pro. Though that shouldn't make a difference. I completely agree with you (when do I not?) about uninstalling it for troubleshooting. We also agree that OP should remove the Norton and run Windows Defender for purposes of troubleshooting his multiple problems. There are also a number of important UPGRADES and UPDATES that should be done once the problem is resolved and the Norton is reinstalled. This is especially true if your Norton license (any product) was dated 2015 or before.

And with the 3 external drives he has *it's difficult to tell from OP posts if they are all 4 internal drives, or some are and some are connected via USB*--I don't think he understands there's a significant difference in how the drives are physically connected to the Motherboard!

@silverman: Thanks very much for posting back that correction on your hard drives in Post #124 for us! Nice job.;) kemical is going to continue working through your issues; but hopefully the statement you made about having much or even all of your personal data files on that C: bootdrive (the OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD drive) without having them backed up elsewhere onto external media, such as your other 3 hard drives or to the Cloud somewhere!! This means that our operation is going to be a much higher risk of potential data loss. And we'll have to be very much more careful on what repair options we provide to you.

Can you answer that backup question for us when you get a moment, please?? If you DO have most or all of your files backed up elsewhere than that C: bootdrive, we can suggest more aggressive repairs. kemical, holdum, and the rest of us all proceed carefully in every case, but this is certainly information we need to know. Thanks!!

I only jumped in since your screenshots and posts indicated that you had multiple secondary hard drives hooked up and you were locked into a SAFE MODE situation and couldn't get out. We've seen this several times before on W10 machines since last year. kemical has got the lead on this one and he knows what he's doing. If you haven't made provisions for proper backup of your files as discussed above, we're sorry you are running into a deadline getting it fixed, but hey this help is free. If you have system critical files and programs you need to get ASAP--like tomorrow; you should consider taking it in to a licensed computer repair Technician and paying money to get it done! How much money is it worth to you to get it fixed immediately?? At many reputable repair shops, they also offer a RUSH charge when someone has an emergency such as you do. Best Buy Geek Squad & MicroCenter both offter these. However, from your posts, it appears you are in UK, is that right? Then perhaps a similar shop over there.

Good luck & we'll be following your thread hoping for some good news.;)
<<<BBJ>>>

Update:
It's now in its 5th Cluster, only 9% done it's a long way to go, so will have to leave it on all night I would imagine. (see below) it shown 40296972 done out of 289607613. (still a long way to go)

All these hards drives are in a Coolmaster (large case) all are internal drives and all have been connected via Sata cables, I do have a number of externals drives also None are connected at this time.

I will arrange to pop back to the computer tomorrow just after noon for about an hour and then about 6:30pm onwards for the evening.

Just let me know what to try?

I see yoiu refer to me as OP, how did you know I was and Old Age Pensioner?

I will be around for about another 40 min.

Thanks kermical and all your team of helpers.

Attachments

• 21.22.35-200516s1.jpg
    21.22.35-200516s1.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 297
BBJ, thanks for advise, I was considering doing away with Norton, as some many people Especially Gamers. But when this problem is sorted I will have to consider what I will do.regarding back up, I have lost of important data with exception of the "C" drive I have really never found a ideal solution. I did look into having a 2nd drive to mirror the main "C" drive but this seemed to complicated and typically never sorted it. Many years ago I used tape drives, but that was a complete plain to use and recover, yu would always loose the most importand latest work.

OP !

Will send the results in the morning before I leave, than chack again lunch time.

Nigh all and again thanks

BBJ, thanks for advise, I was considering doing away with Norton, as some many people Especially Gamers. But when this problem is sorted I will have to consider what I will do.regarding back up, I have lost of important data with exception of the "C" drive I have really never found a ideal solution. I did look into having a 2nd drive to mirror the main "C" drive but this seemed to complicated and typically never sorted it. Many years ago I used tape drives, but that was a complete plain to use and recover, yu would always loose the most importand latest work.

OP !

Will send the results in the morning before I leave, than chack again lunch time.

Nigh all and again thanks
>>>You're welcome, Silverman!:D Just trying to help an OP! (Original Poster, as holdum says!). We have found the "ideal" solution and there are 2 ways to do it. (1.) Use free Macrium Image backup software, which we tested extensively with W10 to create image backup files on your external drive array or on individual usb external drives; (2.) Use free Macrium Image backup software in a drive mirror situation. If your bootdrive is say 250GB, buy an identical capcity drive (doesn't have to be the same brand, but it should be HDD-->HDD; or SSD-->SSD as far as identical drive type goes). Use the Backup image software to "Clone" your drive to the secondary drive. You don't need RAID, which requires advanced expert level knowledge and skill to setup and maintain. You can schedule the backup to run once a day, once a week, or once a month. Of course, if your primary boot drive crashes, you uncable/remove the bootdrive and recable the secondary drive to become the bootdrive. Reboot your system and your backup and running with all of your installed programs and data files in place and immediately useable in 5 min!!:up: I've tested this extensively the last 3 years with Vista and have done some preliminary testing with W10.
I suggest you investigate this. Here's the link to download the Macrium software:

http://www.macrium.com/
It seems you are very cautious and rightfully so. Up until 2014, there was no reliable backup solution I could depend on; and I've tried all of the products on the market. Macrium will solve all that. In fact, you could actually do the Drive Clone mentioned in Method #2, and also do the Image File Backup method described in Method #1. In other recent threads here (you can use the Forum search to find posts by member and put my username in the box); I talk about how I use this product on every single computer I repair, build, or maintain in my repair business. It's a Godsend. Something to think about. When your computer suffers a catastrophic bootdrive failure or your Windows gets hit by a RANSOMWARE virus and encrypts all of your files, you'll be protected, and can be backup and running in a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks with a scratch rebuild.:fdance: <<<

<<<BBJ>>>

Hi BBJ, I will certainly look into your suggestions and doo something about it. (This time) Obviously once I get this poroblem sorted. I am now about to post the results that my Main PC as been doing over night.
Thanks

Hi kemical,
I am now enclosing two pages of results, will send them seperatly (2 posts) I have reduce the quality considerably, any problems reading them I can send in a larger file size.

Attachments

• A_05_34_02s.jpg
    A_05_34_02s.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 301
Hi friend! Just observing. The expert here is @kemical , but to me your sfc /scannow looks good.:up:
I'm sure @kemical will respond latter with further advise for you. You never know when @kemical will pop up.:rofl:Wake up!
It looks like things are starting to shape up for you. Here's some luck for you!:clover::clover::clover::clover:
Wow 138 replies already!;)

Thanks holdum333,
I hope it's somthing that can be sorted, it's a real pain. (to me an all of you. I still thing it's somthing to do with "Start-up" or somthing that's been updated causing an issue. Going back to it's working days Win 10 seemed to be starting up so quickley every morning it was unbelievable. On some occasions it did not load properly the first time and I had to reset it. Perhaps it's my imagination. Hopefully we will know soon.

Back