Windows 7 Taskbar isn't working right?

Taiki

I just installed Windows 7 yesterday, but I can't seem to get the taskbar to work the way i want. Even though the Small Icons option isn't checked, the small icons still appear. And minimized windows don't show up in the taskbar either, I have to alt+tab to get to them. I've tried updating through Windows update, and I'e updated my drivers for Windows 7.

If it helps, my graphics card is the ATI Radeon 3200. Anyone know a fix?

I just installed Windows 7 yesterday, but I can't seem to get the taskbar to work the way i want. Even though the Small Icons option isn't checked, the small icons still appear. And minimized windows don't show up in the taskbar either, I have to alt+tab to get to them. I've tried updating through Windows update, and I'e updated my drivers for Windows 7.

If it helps, my graphics card is the ATI Radeon 3200. Anyone know a fix?

Can you post a pic of your taskbar? Have you tried using the never combine option, maybe thats what your after?

You're probably used to the old Quick Launch bar, but that is not available natively.

If you'd like it back, either I or loath can show you how.

For example if you have two Windows Explorer open and you close out both the icons will disappear.

If you need instructions, just post back.

Strange. My taskbar looks alot different to yours

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Yours reminds me of earlier builds and Vistas taskbar. Did you download the RC from Microsoft or was it a torrent?
Also did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

Mine was from Microsoft, and it was an upgrade. Is that why?

I know its a pain, but you are always better off doing a clean install when installing a new OS, especially if it is a beta product.

Your taskbar doesnt look right to me, and if you are in the postion to do a clean install, you might find it fixes this problem.

I remember on one of the builds they made the show desktop button on the far right smaller, if you compare the two of ours, yours is a lot bigger. Also I cant remember if they changed the start button somewhere along the line, but yours is the same as Vistas.

Last edited:
.................Your taskbar doesnt look right to me, and if you are in the postion to do a clean install, you might find it fixes this problem.

Looks similar to mine, except I get the icons showing for programs which are running. The ones on the right are a few I have pinned to the taskbar for quick launch.

Back
Top Bottom