Windows 8 Temp account login problem in Windows 8

Update me. Where or at what stage you are at now?

Are you in Built-in Admin account ?
If yes, go back to my previous instructions and do a system file check.

I'm logged in as the Administrator. My old profile is still there, and I've checked to see that all my old files are still there on the C & D drives. I guess I'm ready to create a new profile and transfer everything over to it?

I would first do a system file check first. If it finds corrupt files and manages to repair them, you might not have to create a new admin account.
Furthermore, if you have corrupt files, a new admin account may not work either.

Farragut,
The instructions were posted in one of my previous posts.
Go back and find it. Do some searching yourself. Don't let me do all the work, especially repeating what I had already posted.

Of course, my apologies. I do appreciate your help and your patience. I found the previous info and have started the scan.

David, if you're still there: scan completed, corrupt files found. "...but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios." So, based on your earlier advice, I'll create a new admin account and copy everything over.

Keep your fingers crossed. The scan report is not good. It might not be detrimental, but not good news.

Ok. Give it a try.
In your Built-in Admin account, create a new admin just like the one you failed to login.
The method is NOT the same as enabling Built-in Admin account.
Can you do that by yourself or do you need help?

Done (with apparently no problems). I'm in the process of copying things over & downloading/installing previously-purchased programs, etc. Thx for all your help!

Back