Windows 7 Times New Roman Missing

PeakTek78

Hi everyone. This is somewhat difficult to explain, but I'll try. A few weeks ago, I noticed that fonts looked different in Office and using Chrome. My bank website's font is normally Times New Roman but randomly was using a more rounded, funny looking font. When I open a document in Word that was authored using Times New Roman, it shows up as the same rounded, funny looking font. More, I noticed that certain fonts somehow got uninstalled from Windows - and when I was looking at an Excel spreadsheet hat was built using Callibri, the whole thing was in Callibri Italics because Callibri Normal was gone. I reinstalled and it worked fine. I'm not one to tinker with this kind of stuff, but have a general sense of where to look for these things. The issue with Times New Roman is that, even though I reinstalled it, Chrome and Office still aren't using it. In a word doc, for example, it will show the font as Times New Roman on top, but it will be the doc itself will be in the founded font.

This is very frustrating because I do a lot of contract work that was previously written in Times New Roman, but when I now open the contract, it's in that weird font. Short of doing a complete reinstall of windows, does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've verified that the font is not missing, and for whatever reason other browsers (IE) show the font with no problem. I've pasted in an example below for your reference.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I'm at a complete loss. Thanks.

TEST.jpg

Try going to control panel, Appearance and Personalization > Fonts > Font settings. Select "restore default font setings" and see if that sorts it.

Back
Top Bottom