Windows 10 Toolbar missing when loading application

BarryHWhite

Windows 10 and IE 11.
IE 11 shows toolbars OK.
When I use a shortcut from the Desktop to go to for example a bank, no toolbars show.
On previous WIndows 7 setup, they showed.

Hi,
Does this happen in Edge browser as well??

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
The complexity of going back to Windows 7 is too much for me.
Surely there is some help.
Windows Explorer 11 shows toolbars when loaded, and a right click in the blank space at the top allows selection of toolbars.
Loading Edge does not show toolbars.
But what I want is that when clicking on a Desktop Icon, which loads, the Tool Bars used to show in Windows 7 and now do not show. There must surely be a simple way of making them show, but I can't find it.
One of the Toolbars is for RoboForm, which is my ID and password system so without it I have to enter ID and passwords by typing them in.
Please help.

I haven't seen that problem with Edge; but it's predecessor Spartan had similar problems.

Just so you know, Microsoft has made a FREE DOWNGRADE option available for people like you that run into multiple problems with the Win10 upgrade, or who are just not happy with the changes, features, etc. This will be available for 1 month for free from Microsoft, so you can call them, they set up a special support line for all the Win10 upgraders. You can try that.

Or you can attempt to run a SYSTEM RESTORE, and undo or rollback all the changes that the Win10 upgrade made to your computer. This is a Windows program built into all version of Windows for many years now, and is in your Windows7 as well. Many Computer manufacturers ship their Computers with SYSTEM RESTORE option enabled, but some do not. If you search on SYSTEM RESTORE, and bring it up, there should be 1 or more Restore points with date/time stamps on them; select one prior to July 29th (the date of the Win10 upgrade release), and attempt to undo the Win10 upgrade. This may solve your problems too. No guarantees, and OS undos are notorious for making things worse than they already are, so I highly recommend you backup any and all Personal Data such as Documents, Photos, Videos, E-mails, etc. to external media PRIOR to attempting to revert from Win10 back to Win7 using SYSTEM RESTORE!!

If neither of these things work, you still have some other options. If you live in or near an urban area (large city), you can take your computer into your local Computer repair shop, and have them assist you at reverting your Computer--this is well worth the small fee they charge, if you've never done an OS downgrade before. They can be challenging, especially with out of date older hardware.

If you live in a rural area as I do, and the nearest Computer store is many hours away by car, you can call iYogi and pay about $150 where they can assist you over the phone, and remote into your Computer and have a Tech fix it for you.

There are several options for you, both Free, and Fee-based to try. This advise is of course, like trying to shut the barn door after the horse has gotten loose, but many of us here on the Windows Forums recommend that you purchase a separate hard drive for upgrading to a newer Windows version. This is costly (about $50-$100), but it is how we test new software products in the industry. This way, if you run into the types of problems you have, not at all uncommon, you simply uncable the TEST drive and re-insert your old Windows7 drive, and voila: you're back in business! I have 4 drives that I used for my Windows10 testing, on an older 7-year old Computer; none of which are on the Vista computer that is my "Daily Driver" or my computer that I use for everything else. You might consider this method the next time you think about doing an OS upgrade.

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back