Windows 10 Unexpected Store Exception [Dump files attached]

HarmeetCA

I have the ASUS ROG G750JM, since I have upgraded to Windows 10, I keep getting this BSOD, I had two 1TB hdd in this laptop, and everytime I get this BSOD, the second hard disk disappears and the computer slows down substantially. I am not sure what is happening here.

Attached is the dump created by the W7F Diagnostic Tool.

Attachments

• W7F_10-12-2015.zip
    309.1 KB · Views: 785
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe0015dd35000, ffffd0013b1f0a80, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this dump file is usually related to corrupt data and drivers. I looked through the dump file and you do have some old drivers installed

ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 02 10:13:26 2009: LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
Please update:
ASUS ROG G750JM - Support

atkwmiacpi64.sys Wed Sep 07 02:44:52 2011: ATK WMIACPI Utility. I think this is part of the above driver?

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Post any dump files which occur after making the above changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was on Windows 8.1, I had installed a partitioning tool that messed up my bootloader, which made installation of Windows 10 nearly impossible. I was browsing through the forum here and found a thread where Bootloader was mentioned and you posted a video which showed how to fix bootloader via FixMbr and FixBoot in cmd prompt. I did that and restarted the pc, and the second hard disk is now visible. I am not entirely sure if it was the bootloader that fixed it because this is how it happens. The hdd goes invisible and comes back after a while. I have uninstalled the ATK package and the ASUS smart gesture as it is bloatware anyway. I will do the sfc and dism and post the results here. Thanks for the quick reply.

You could try updating your SATA or AHCI drivers too. Check the support page for updates.

I couldn't find anything related to either of those drivers on the ASUS support page, is that the one you were talking about?

Look under windows 8.1 and 'others'. Install the Intel drivers you find there including the management engine.

Both installations told me that I have newer version installed. SFC and DISM completed successfully without any errors.

Last edited:
I updated my BIOS as well now from 206 to 207. The BSODs seem to have calmed down, but the second hard disk keeps disappearing after a couple of hours of usage, it comes back after a few restarts sometimes. SFC and other hdd scan results are always normal, but the hd disappears from disk management as well.

Your still getting bsod's? Please post the dump files

Check the drive using Seatools: SeaTools | Seagate

Has the second drive been disappearing since you upgraded to Windows 10?

I am running the LONG GENERIC test in Seatools now, every other test resulted as "Pass". I got "Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (iaStorA.sys)". I tried creating the dump file with the tool but it didn't do anything, so I changed the Advanced settings and now I will wait for next BSOD so that I can create the dump package.

I am trying to run the W7F tool, but it finishes without creating any files or folders on the desktop, any idea what I am doing wrong here? This is after I changed the settings in the virtual memory etc.

Here is the latest dump package. There hasn't been any BSOD today, a sad thing to admit for a one year old laptop that cost me bloody $2300. :mad:

Attachments

• W7F_14-12-2015.zip
    758.3 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff8010f9685ae}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+785ae )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the last two dump files blamed the Intel storage driver and it could be related to your disappearing drive too. I know you tried to update using the 8.1 versions from the website but this time try right clicking them first, choose properties and then compatibility. Choose something like 8.1 and hopefully they might go in. Let me know if they update or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had another unexpected store exception. :(

I downloaded the IRST driver from ASUS support page and as soon as I clicked on it to open, BSOD.

To be honest i think it's too early for you to upgrade to Windows 10. The drivers you need to install are simply not available. You could try a reset with Window 10 and see if that helps but other than that all I can suggest is to update those drivers which you cannot.
Your other main issue might be how long you've had windows 10 installed. After 31 days you cannot go back to your previous os so I hope your upgrade was recent.
I think your best hope lies in a reset. I can't suggest a clean install because you do not have the drivers available or at least Windows 10 versions.
Asus will most likely produce drivers eventually and another avenue where you may find some help is the Asus forums especially for your model.
I've been reading the ROG forum for your model and there is scant information regarding windows 10. The model just above yours, the G751 has a huge section and it's win 10 driver section is full unlike yours. The more I read it's seems your lappie was never intended for use with windows 10 and if you can I'd go back to the os it feels most happy with.
G750 ROG forum:
G750, G550 and G56 Gaming Notebooks

Here's the G751 thread as an example (I wonder if the drivers for the G751 would work for you? Anyway after reading through this they don't recommend installing the Intel storage driver with G751 for some reason and again i wonder if the same would apply to your older model?) Have a look anyway:
Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation)

I tried updating but it isn't allowing me to. This is the dump after the last BSOD. I guess I will have to find a way to roll back to windows 8. Thanks for all the help, kemical.

Attachments

• W7F_15-12-2015.zip
    861 KB · Views: 289
Hi Harmeet,
the dump file was similar to the one posted above. You could try running the driver verifier? Just to see if it will catch the culprit. If it does you could then decide on what to do whether to try and repair or just go back to win 8. You must create a system recovery disk/usb beforehand though. Running the verifier can sometimes result in a bsod loop on start up and you'll need the recovery usb to boot into safe mode to turn the verifier off.
Recovery drive
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

Verifier:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

I think I have figured out the issue. I have a usb cable that came with my portable mobile battery charger. When I use it instead of my phone's USB cable, the phone charges really quickly. It seems that the cable was draining more power than it should and that put a strain on the laptop and it messed up the power supply of this laptop. Due to vacation I haven't been charging my phone off of my laptop and the laptop hasn't had a BSOD in days now. The hdd is always visible as well. This is very random, I know.

When you get back you could try testing with the correct USB cable and see if your theory pans out?

Back