Windows 7 Unusual Crashes (PLEASE HELP!!)

crazykilla

Lately my PC has been weird, whenever i launch any game my computer just turns off but in a verry unusual way, The Screen goes black, the pc fans stop spinning, nothing is working, but my power button is still bright blue (showing that the pc is still on but its not), i press the button, nothing happens and if i un-plug the power cable, the power button stays on for about 10 seconds, then when i plug the power cable back in the pc turns on just normally like every time, but i still get crash if i launch a game, this is my pc Configuration:

Graphics Card:
Geforce GTS 450

Processor:
AMD Phenom 9150e Quad Core Processor 1.80GHz

Ram:
4GB (2GBx2)

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

Power Supply:
230V

*NOTE:* This has been happening for a couple months now and its getting verry annoying, i'm thinking of buying a gaming PC but that costs £3,000 and i need a good working PC while i save up money, it would be a great help if you could tell me whats wrong and if you ever had experiences with such a problem :)

*NOTE:* I have reinstalled Windows a few weeks after the problem accoured, it did not fix it. I also updated all my drivers, still not working...

Hi crazykilla and Welcome to The Forum.

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

Also see: http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...lp-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html

When attaching dmp files, PLEASE put them in a single zipped folder

Back