Windows 10 Version 10162 on slow ring!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I was surprised that CCleaner popped up saying that I had a lot of material to remove since I had run it last night.

A quick check showed that I had a new "Windows.Old" folder.

I went to Windows update and sure enough version 10162 was ready to install.
I never realised that it created the Windows.Old files before you start the install.

I started the install at 2:25 PM, and it finished at 3:05 PM, exactly.

Not bad only 40 minutes for the whole thing.

I see that I still have the same issue with the right click menu from the start button not working so this has persisted through 3 version on my computer.

However this time my start menu does work without having to start everything as administrator, as it did in the last build.

I'll obviously have to do a clean install when the final version comes out.

I wish I had an idea of someway to correct this, but I don't have a clue why these links don't work.
If I go to the source application and click on them there they all open fine.

So far I haven't found anything else that doesn't work.

Mike

The Witcher 3 even runs without issues this time, last update I had to reinstall vcredist_x64.exe again and run DX setup again.

Last edited:
Hi

Control panel Icons have returned to their normal size, not the tiny ones I had in the last build!

So far the only thing that isn't working are the links on the right click dropdown, and the bottom 3 of those work.
I.e. Run, Shut Down and Sign Out, and Search, from File Explorer up they don't open from here.
They open from any other link fine.

Mike

Back