Windows 7 Virus removal device

DogFD

Does anyone know if the " Fixme Stick" really works? It is advertised on Amazon as well as other computer sites. It is supposed to work before you boot up windows.

Thank you in advance for your input.

I personally haven't tried it, but I classify these kinds of "panacea" products as borderline scamware.:down: They have been selling DVD and CD versions of these for 15 years or more on the web and on ebay. I've tried many of them and never had one perform as to advertised promise. :noway: You may get other responses here from our other Admins or volunteers.

My feeling is that troubleshooting and repairing computers has yet to be fitted into a $10 or $20 USB stick with the skills and expert knowledge of a competent and licensed repair Tech with 20+ years experience. I think AI is moving forward, but I believe these products to be in the realm of "science-fiction" at this point. Think about it, if you could buy a $10 USB stick that fixed every broken Windows PC on the planet, they would put enormous repair businesses such as Best Buy Geek Squad or Staples Tech Team out of business in a matter of days.o_O

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Thank you for your insight and reply. Seems like the old story, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. Lots of stuff on the market these days that promise everything under the sun.

Thank you again

Sure, sure!! You're welcome! ;)

@neemo: I haven't seen this particular Rescue CD on a flash stick before, but have seen similar tools from TrendMicro and others. I think they can work with certain types of virus/malware infections, but they haven't done much for PCs with severe Windows corruption in the Registry or messed up drivers from updates. Nevertheless, thanks for posting it. :D I will have to try when I get time; I've bookmarked the site for future reference. ;) :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom