Windows Vista Vista display drivers

krull50

after windows updated vista yesterday my video resolution is set to 800x600 and will not reset, does any one have an idea how to repair this so I can set the screen resolution for more that 800x600? :confused:

Hmm...this is a weird one. Have you tried re-installing the drivers? Usually 800x600 is the default size of the driver so it sounds like the driver has some how been 're-set'.

Hi krull 50

Have you ever updated, or installed a Driver for your Graphics Card?
Go to your Computer Manufacturer or Motherboard or Graphics Card's
Manufacturer's website, and download and install the correct, Vista
compatible Driver for your Graphics Card, or onboard Graphics.

:) Hi!! I've heard compatibility is a key issue with the graphics card. I've also heard people have had weird problems with resolution. Someone swapped the DVI Cable for a D-Sub Analog Cable with a DVI-/D Sub Adapter at the GPU. Then booted into Windows in VGA - enabled mode. Which corrected the problem, but the picture was off to the side. This person then went into the NVIDIA Driver control center and created a custom configuration which addressed resolution, refresh rate and color depth. That did the trick. Sincerely, Celestra

I downloaded the updated drivers for My ATI cards the other day and I ended up having to roll 'em back cuz it screwed my junk up!

after windows updated vista yesterday my video resolution is set to 800x600 and will not reset, does any one have an idea how to repair this so I can set the screen resolution for more that 800x600? :confused:
Sorry I just "read" this That is what mine was doing...sort of, I could change it... but every reboot?? give me a break!

Back
Top Bottom