Windows 7 Vista dissapeared after installing 7

Monster

Hi all,
This is my frist post.

I had 2 OS (windows XP and Vista) each on different partition. I installed windows 7 accidently :eek: on the same partition that has the Vista OS. Now when I boot my PC I cannot see the Vista OS "It shows only (XP & 7) :frown:.
If there is any way to have my Vista back, please tell me
your help is highly appreciated :eek:.

Hi monster,
so are you saying that you installed 7 over the top of vista? You might have to create a new partition to re-install vista to..
Aplogies if I've misread your post..

Dear gaz & kemical
Thank you for your help

- windows XP in partitiont D
- windows Vista in Partition C

while I was running the XP OS I used the windows 7 upgrade CD and installed 7 in partition C.

Hi Monster,
thanks for updating..
If you want to run vista then you'll need to create another partition and install it into there.. The other one is lost although when you installed 7 if you used the 'upgrade' method then you might be able to get into the windows.old file and see whats there...

Last edited:
Hi Kemical,

Thank you very much for your support.

Now, If I re-install Vista in another partition, will I be able to run the programs (for example the Office 2007 ) which were in the previous Vista?
If no, is there any way to access my programs without need to re-install everything?

Hi monster,
I would imagine that you'll have to re-install stuff like that.. Like I said above though, if you check your 7 partition you should be able to find the windows.old file (which will be your vista installation) as you did say that you had upgraded rather than did a clean install... This might contain some stuff you can salvage but until you look I'm not sure what..

Back