Windows Vista Vista locked computer wallpaper change

nura_mca

Hi Everbody,

Iam very new to Vista, I have installed Vista Ultimate edition in my box. I see a very strange issue with my installation. I have changed my desktop background (wallpaper) and every thing works fine. Now if I lock my box by using (ctrl + alt + del & lock), my wallpaper change is not getting reflected :(. I see the dam old vista's wallpaper :mad:.

Please help me out in solving this issue. I tried every dam things with registry and nothing helped out.

Thanks,
Nura.

Hi Everybody,

Iam very new to Vista, I have installed Vista Ultimate edition in my box. I see a very strange issue with my installation. I have changed my desktop background (wallpaper) and every thing works fine. Now if I lock my box by using (ctrl + alt + Del & lock), my wallpaper change is not getting reflected :(. I see the dam old vista's wallpaper :mad:.

Please help me out in solving this issue. I tried every dam things with registry and nothing helped out.

Thanks,
Nura.
Dear Nura, You've probably solved the problem by now, but just in case you're still viewing this discussion. Here it is, you have a very new machine. Call your store and ask to have someone show you. You have a warranty for a year, call or e-mail your manufacturer. I'm sorry if that sounds bad. But to quote someone earlier, "I don't like a drama,especially from something new" Ocationally I like having someone do it for me, even if it costs a little.

Dear Nura, You've probably solved the problem by now, but just in case you're still viewing this discussion. Here it is, you have a very new machine. Call your store and ask to have someone show you. You have a warranty for a year, call or e-mail your manufacturer. I'm sorry if that sounds bad. But to quote someone earlier, "I don't like a drama,especially from something new" Occasionally, I like having someone do it for me, even if it costs a little.
For example, I got a really good installation for my security programs from my local store. I have heavy security and I use messenger and everything else.

Dear Nura, You've probably solved the problem by now, but just in case you're still viewing this discussion. Here it is, you have a very new machine. Call your store and ask to have someone show you. You have a warranty for a year, call or e-mail your manufacturer. I'm sorry if that sounds bad. But to quote someone earlier, "I don't like a drama,especially from something new" Ocationally I like having someone do it for me, even if it costs a little.

Wow, i'm sorry but this was the most useless reply I've ever seen to someone's legitimate question. The OP is asking if there's away to retain the wallpaper set by the user, when they lock the computer. When you lock the computer it show's the Vista and not the "awesome" wallpaper set by the user. I'm wanting to know a solution to this question as well. But instead, you say to go back to the store and ask them? As if they're going to know? The power of the internet and forums like these allow people to post questions and you are basically saying to "go away". Why don't you just say that you don't know. haha

Wow, i'm sorry but this was the most useless reply I've ever seen to someone's legitimate question. The OP is asking if there's away to retain the wallpaper set by the user, when they lock the computer. When you lock the computer it show's the Vista and not the "awesome" wallpaper set by the user. I'm wanting to know a solution to this question as well. But instead, you say to go back to the store and ask them? As if they're going to know? The power of the internet and forums like these allow people to post questions and you are basically saying to "go away". Why don't you just say that you don't know. haha

I completely agree, I was totally amazed when I saw that. I am wonder the same also.

What your looking at is basically the log on screen. When you 'lock' the pc your actually logging out as a user and thats why vista will show it's default logging on screen.. It's only when the 'user' logs on that any changes made like desktop wallpapers will become apparent.

I completely agree, I was totally amazed when I saw that. I am wonder the same also.
:) I personally don't see what could possibly stick. After you go to the control panel, hit appearance and personalization, then picture location- scroll to windows wallpapers-then scroll down from there. Make your selection and hit OK apply. Do you have a built in question and answer library? That is is sufficient for that kind of thing. If it really is stuck, I simply told him to bring it back. I wouldn't care about the machine with something gone right out of the box. I've changed lots of wallpapers, and it's never been that complicated. I make my own wallpapers from pictures on the Internet, television shows etc. I'm graduating to camera now, it's going to be a gas with the nice enough printer up.

I was kind of hoping someone might know of a hack or piece of software that would allow the typical XP lock, where it shows the ctrl+alt+delete window on top of the wallpaper. It makes sense though that in Vista, it's basically logging out that user and taking back to the logon screen. Oh well, I'll keep searching.

Also, I run two monitors and notice that when I lock it, it only shows on one monitor instead of both, but I guess that goes back to the whole XP thing. shucks

OK about 90% of the replies here are bordering on retarded.. I myself am wondering the same thing.. If i lock my system when i step away, why does it not act the same way as XP, where both monitors are active and the wallpaper is visible.. no one seems to know and I cant find a hack any ware..

Seach for LogonStudio from Stardock, that's what I used to change mine. Its a free tool and takes a few seconds to install.....

I think the problem is communication. You have to say what you are trying to accomplish. If you want a big customization project, say so. You probably are better off going to StarDock.com for customization right now than doing it yourself. For one thing, the VistaGlazz Beta Patch2 doesn't work. The SP1 Vista System keeps throwing a RunD1132 error in the Vista 32 bit, when using the "patch anyway" option for the old VG on their system. You probably could do a system restore, to before installation. That would fix the registry. The 64 bit SP1 is worse. As far as I know, they haven't as of yet come up with a solution. You might check...

What your looking at is basically the log on screen. When you 'lock' the pc your actually logging out as a user and thats why vista will show it's default logging on screen.. It's only when the 'user' logs on that any changes made like desktop wallpapers will become apparent.

You are not, in fact, logging out when you use either Windows Logo Key + L or CTRL+ALT+DEL+ENTER to lock the screen. The text shown at the lock screen will say (on a domain joined Vista Enterprise PC):

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock this computer
Domain\Some.User is logged on

All you've done screen lock the thing not log out.

The question still stands: is there a way to screen lock a Vista machine whilst still retaining your custom wallpaper?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Super easy with the right tool. Follow the guys instructions.

Back
Top Bottom