Votes: 33 14.0%
  • ESET Smart Security/NOD32

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 51 21.7%
  • Spybot S&D

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
There are many Anti virus available. It is very useful for reduce virus in your computer. Avast is really good anti virus. It provide one year registration free and it is really good for reduce any type of virus in your computer.

Last edited:
There are many Anti virus available. It is very useful for reduce virus in your computer. Avast is really good anti virus. It provide one year registration free and it is really good for reduce any type of virus in your computer.

Avast is ok, I used them for awhile, but why have shareware that wants money later when you can let windows handle it just as well, in my opinion much better, for freeeee:angel_smile:

I used to swear by Avast & give it to all my clients. However, MSE is as good or better & w/ less fuss. I strongly & exclusively recommend MSE.

Cheers,
Drew

No need to pay or look elsewhere when MSE is available @ no charge. In Windows 8, no need to do anything as MSE (Defender) is imbedded & ON, by default :)

Cheers,
Drew

I have MSE installed on my son's PC and when I scanned his PC with DRWEB Cureit I found 43 infections!!!!! Also the free version of AVAST is totally free and has no time limitations. If you use the trial version then yes you will need to purchase it after the trial but the full fledged program really offers insignificant advantage over the free version. I highly recommend a once a fortnight FULL SCAN with DR WEB Cureit. It is free and boy does it find them critters! :)

As stated, I used to swear by Avast, used it myself & gave it to all my clients. It only needs to have the Registration Key renewed/re-entered annually. After being in this business for a few years, have never heard of DR WEB... some of those may be false-positives. We recommend MSE (no fuss, no muss, permanent & free) & Malwarebytes. W/ this, even though, Malwarebytes is run occasionally, it finds nothing as MSE does a such good & through job of maintaining protection.

Cheers,
Drew

I decided to try "Dr.Web CureIt" and honestly I couldn't bring myself to start the scan even after downloading.

Maybe with time I will except these characteristics from an anti-virus application.
  • Sending statistics back to the vendor of the application. Which seems unnecessary when the opt out link, is a link to the paid version.
  • I question how an application that says it doesn't need installation, can manage a PC lock-down as well as startup entries.
    • PC lock-down, preventing other applications from starting while the scan is in progress.
    • Adding startup entries to scan before any Windows processes are loaded.

For the time being I didn't feel comfortable with "Dr.Web CureIt" controlling nature.

I'm not comfortable w/ most of those types of things. I have Uninstalled heaps of them for clients. Ergo, I can certainly understand your feelings & what precipitated them. We never offer, suggest or recommend such things. No characteristics such as you list should ever be found as part of a good, respectable, desirable anti-malware or anti-virii program or software; if so, don't use it.

Cheers,
Drew

Last edited:
Dr WEB cureit was highly recommended in the AVAST forums and NO there were no false positives. Every infection it found I checked it out and it was not a false positive. Like I said, MSE failed to catch 6 trojans amongst the 43 infections that were residing in my son's PC.

Good they were found, then. :thumbs_up:

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Yes indeed. Sad that there is no single anti virus software that is 100% in detecting infections. Sometimes I wonder if it is not the software developers of AV programs that release such viruses in order to stay in business!

Yes, I've heard people put forth that same ponder, before. But, hopefully the good guys are not the bad guys (too).

I will say, it is a good practise to have something like Malwaebytes to address malware over & above & separately from anti-virus efforts. Malware has become a far greater battlefront & concern than, some time ago.

Cheers,
Drew

One thing I find annoying is it's difficult to find useful evaluations of these security products that an average user can understand.
Joe

True, Joe. And some using one set of tests, criteria & parameters & some another; does get hard to know what 'yardstick' to use or trust. I might suggest, instead, going by 1st hand experience & or in my case what I have seen w/ clients over the years. Which is why I'll, @ this point in time, continue to recommend MSE & Malwarebytes.

Cheers,
Drew

True, Joe. And some using one set of tests, criteria & parameters & some another; does get hard to know what 'yardstick' to use or trust. I might suggest, instead, going by 1st hand experience & or in my case what I have seen w/ clients over the years. Which is why I'll, @ this point in time, continue to recommend MSE & Malwarebytes.

Cheers,
Drew
hey all, my input is MSE or AVAST & Malwarebytes with ether seems to be my best choice for the type of web surfing that i do. like certain things about each one. simple and free. i have used and tried most of them, but these 2 seem to be the best for me. COMMON SENSE never fails. thanks for the space. poorguy

Microsoft Security Essentials is excellent free protection for thier software, Malwarebytes Antimalware and eset online scanner, with ADS Spy Utility, and Norton Safe Web for facebook, all for free.

Back
Top Bottom