Votes: 33 14.0%
  • ESET Smart Security/NOD32

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 51 21.7%
  • Spybot S&D

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
I use Symantec Endpoint Protection...the AV is pretty good and takes little to no resources to run. I love the firewall...Symantec bought the rights to the Sygate firewall and so now its integrated into the Endpoint...the most amazing thing is Symantec didn't change the firewall, it is still just the same and as functional as it was when Sygate owned it.

i use avg free no issues ever. avast free very few minor issues all were able to be solved. started using bit defender free and i like it. small foot print no hassle and you install it and use it. it does most of the work. kind of what microsoft wished they could have done with security essentials which i used to use but to many issues that were never resolved. can't believe that they couldn't ever get it right. yeah so fat bitdefender is doing ok. no complaints we will have to see how it goes. poorguy

hello here,

is there anyone that know about AnviSoft software?
is it secure and/or useful?

thanks in advanced.

hello here,

is there anyone that know about AnviSoft software?
is it secure and/or useful?

thanks in advanced.
hey are you asking about avira antivirus. if so it is ok and it is as good as any of the free antivirus. i have used it before.i am using bitdefender antivirus free and so far so good. there are quite a few free antivirus out there so research and try some. to many free ones to not be protected.

i meant that: http://www.anvisoft.com/

But use bitdefender free too, and only can say thanks for them.
nope never heard of that one. anvisoft. don't use more than one antivirus on 1 pc as that can cause conflicts between them. only use 1 of them. go ahead and try the anvisoft and if it works for you and you like it then keep it as it is free. as said earlier reaserch them and try them until you find one you like and then stick with that one. they all do give basic protection and for free the price is right. hope this helps.

hey all, i went back and did alot of research on alot of the free antivirus suites and i have got to say that in most that were tested and compared they are all pretty close to each other test score wise. none of them are any better than the other. they all seem to be pretty solid on what they are as basic bare bones protection. the only differences i really saw was some offered more bloat and crap ware that is not really needed. i will have to say that MSE is not as behind as alot say it is.as far as numbers go. i also have to say my views on how i have looked at some of the free antivirus suites has changed some. as most already know smart web habits are the best antivirus. they are all good and they are all free try choose and use. they are free. just my thoughts. thanks for the space.

hey all, i went back and did alot of research on alot of the free antivirus suites and i have got to say that in most that were tested and compared they are all pretty close to each other test score wise. none of them are any better than the other. they all seem to be pretty solid on what they are as basic bare bones protection. the only differences i really saw was some offered more bloat and crap ware that is not really needed. i will have to say that MSE is not as behind as alot say it is.as far as numbers go. i also have to say my views on how i have looked at some of the free antivirus suites has changed some. as most already know smart web habits are the best antivirus. they are all good and they are all free try choose and use. they are free. just my thoughts. thanks for the space.

u should MSE keep updated and it works fine. If would another AV than u can use Bitdefender free or avast free they are fine.

i do use bit defender antivirus free and so far it is good. since my research on free antivirus i have decided to give mse another try. have had some issues with them in the past but we are giving it another try on a vista business desktop so far so good. agree mse should be updated daily.

well i decided to try comodo free antivirus and talk about crap ware man it changed all of my browsers to yahoo which i hate and also changed or removed some things from my security center. uncertain as of now will have to go to a different computer to see what all is missing. hope this wasn't a mistake. gave me some options at install but never said anything about changing browsers.guess we will see how this works.

You have to be really careful installing software since makers include a lot of crapware and their idea of default setings. I always choose custom install if possible.
Joe

hey joe s, that is whats weird is i did do a custom install and i thought that i had everything unchecked but i guess i didn't. however i have gotten everything where it was and all is good. now i will use it and see how it preforms. so far i like it but i will see how i feel in a couple of weeks. seems that there is always something that seems to get overlooked. all is well as of this report. thanks.

well comodo free does seem to have alot to tweek and play with appears to be very adjustable. not sure about this PrivDog feature.comodo does question some apps that are installed. widget seemed useless. all in all seems pretty good lots of features to play with.

You can try going into Programs and click uninstall and see if it gives you the option to make changes. You may be able to get rid of the unwanted features there.
Joe

You can try going into Programs and click uninstall and see if it gives you the option to make changes. You may be able to get rid of the unwanted features there.
Joe
yeah i like all the features to tweek. was able to turn off things that i don't want.

Back