• ESET Smart Security/NOD32

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 51 21.7%
  • Spybot S&D

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
My main AV is Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
A second opinion I get from MBAM or ESET Online Scanner...

OTT

I went back to Avast Internet Security. Don't ask me a rational explanation, I just felt for it. :scratch:

I run Webroot Internet Security Suite which handles viruses and spyware, firewall and other misc features. I also use Microsoft EMET which is a free tool from Microsoft which helps mitigate attack vectors commonly used by malware. Another good practice is the dual account setup. You have one regular and one admin account. You use the regular account for your daily use. This can also help isolate malware from running in an admin context and minimizing the infection to your regular account.

I agree with Mike, a solid statement. Although I must admit, I'm more of a "feel for it" person. Technically, facts are most important. Emotionally, what you feel is right, is right. I'm still, at age almost 57, trying to find a balance. The MOST important is to have one AV running. What comes with Windows today, I find reliable, 'cause so many here use it. Personally, I'm still hung with Avast, but I have the paid-for-version, Avast Internet Security. I had a short experience with Windows 10, it was impressive and assuring, however I went back to Windows 7, as I got no sound, and DVB Viewer wouldn't get any video - I didn't have the time to solve issues, I decided to wait until they have resolved problems. Pragmatism is a key word when doing your job, and earning a living.

Used to use Microsoft Security Essentials and NEVER had any problems with it. Under 10 it is now called Defender, but it is exactly the same program, and you can do a quick or deep scan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use avast anti virus free version, i' ve seen alot of reviews for 360 internet security does anyone use this.

Hi I run Windows Defender with MBAM Pro! I have WOT and Ad-Muncher on all my browsers and I'm a very safe surfer!
I have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit free for drive byes! I'm very fortunate to have a life time license for MBAM Pro!

Just to be clear though AV is still good to have; however nowadays 99% of AV programs are only about 50% effective in stopping threats.

Trying Norton Internet Security, had it on my new motherboard cd, works pretty good, has a cool live update feature, and does disk maintenance in the background, too. Was using MSE, which was pretty good for freeware, Norton provided a more robust option. The newest version is a nice improvement. The anti-phishing and identity protection helps.

Back