Windows 7 Which Windows Do You Use?

I think this topic would serve better some place else, in fact I recall we have something like this, but I don't remember where...

I'll report this, but don't worry, PowerHotmail, it's friendly fire! Just to get someone who knows to perhaps move it - it's really not a matter of Windows 7 Installation, is it, now?

I use Windows 8.1.1 (didn't see the option above) and this topic should be fine here as we don't really have a Win 7 discussion Category.

I think this topic would serve better some place else, in fact I recall we have something like this, but I don't remember where...

I'll report this, but don't worry, PowerHotmail, it's friendly fire! Just to get someone who knows to perhaps move it - it's really not a matter of Windows 7 Installation, is it, now?

Where Else Would I Have Put It? :p

Hope you don't mind PowerHotmail but I edited your survey to include Windows 8.1.1 and Linux. Thread also has been 'stickied'.

Right, kemical. This could be where usage and purchase statistics do lie. Whilst Windows 7 usage stats still exceed Windows 8 by a big margin, it does seem easier to obtain (activated) a copy of Windows 8, more easily than on previous OSs. Maybe MS have weakened there pirating resolve

I think that's why they are pushing for (or was) for cloud based systems as they are harder to pirate but to be honest I don't think it's a case of MS weakening but the pirates getting better at what they do..
Food for thought anyway...

A Lot Of Vista Users Might Switch To Windows 8.
Because I Read An Article And They Say That Windows 8 Runs Faster On A Vista Computer Then Vista Itself.
So Windows Might Expect A Rise Of Windows 8 Users.

The true problem is, XP doesn't get any security updates. As far as I understand, it means that XP computers are highly vulnerable to become bots; the wise hacker / misuser doesn't kill the computer, he makes it a slave.

The very best to You, mikedesigner. Once again, I begin to feel like The boy who cried wolf.

It's not just lack of security updates, it goes to the architecture. When XP was developed, some of the current kinds of threats didn't exist. You reach a point where there is only so much you can fix with patches when the foundation needs to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom