Windows 7 Why Windows 8 so fast?

Who said that Windows 8 is going to be released in late 2012?

Maybe I should do what my friends say and pluck up the courage to write to the Prime Minister complaining about Windows 8. And then maybe he will ban Windows 8 in England. And then we won't have to worry about it any more.

Maybe other Windows users should do that too,write to their Presidents or Prime Ministers. And then we can keep Windows 7 and never be forced to buy Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

Tin Foil Hat?

Deja vu??
Who said that Windows 8 is going to be released in late 2012?

Maybe I should do what my friends say and pluck up the courage to write to the Prime Minister complaining about Windows 8. And then maybe he will ban Windows 8 in England. And then we won't have to worry about it any more.

Maybe other Windows users should do that too,write to their Presidents or Prime Ministers. And then we can keep Windows 7 and never be forced to buy Windows 8.
Andrea Borman

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

This is the last straw, the 1 w/ the perverbial broken camel's back. One can goeth no further once the camel's back is broken by that perverbial last straw.

ADMIN, Monitors, Moderators, Managers, whomever invited me here & processed my Membership...

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SCRENARIO & SITUATION, NOW, PLEASE. IT CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO GOETH ANY FURTHER. ON BEHALF OF MYSELF & MY PEERS W/IN THIS FORUM... WE ARE BEGGING, URGING, PLEADING... SEE THIS AS THE LAST STRAW. WE MUST NOT GOETH FURTHER WASTING SPACE & TIME.

Respectfully & in good faith,
Drew

Drew!
You do realize, that the object or your wrath is paying absolutely NO attention to you.... Right?

Someone posted a really stupid (uninformed) thread about a file that was undelete'able.
I thought that was pretty stupid, because NO file is ever undelete'able.
Saying something like that, just demonstrates to everyone reading the post, that the poster is
totally, completely and absolutely without understanding as to how a PC works.

That's just as bad as the statement that you can't uninstall Windows 8/DP. That's the most ridiculous
thing I've heard or read all day.
It might be difficult on one of those little Micky Mouse netbooks, but on a REAL computer, it's
easy. I can even do it on a netbook, like the day I tried Windows 7 on a Netbook, didn't like it, and
deleted it, and restored a backup copy of Win-XP. It was ridiculously simple, actually.
Nothing can escape the wrath of a Computer Tech! Eh?

I've suggested many times since first installing Win-8 for myself, that any tester should install W8 on a separate,
blank, HD, with the main OS drive unplugged, so the W8 installer can't see it. That prevents W8 from
overwriting the main OS and destroying it. Several people have had that happen already and they come on
one forum or another, begging for someone to tell them how to get their 'stuff' back.

I actually have about five different OS's laying around here, all on separate HD's. When I get tired of
playing with one OS, I just reformat the drive and put something else on it. The drive that currently holds
Win-8/DP, previously held, Windows XP Lite, Windows XP Dark Realm, Vista/beta, Win-7/beta and Peppermint/Ubuntu. (one at a time, of course)
It's anyone's guess what will be on there next. Maybe Win-8 Beta.

So, in conclusion, I hate to read statements that have NO basis in fact, like the UN-Deleteable file or the
OS from He** that cannot be removed. That's insane!

I think one reason that Win-8/DP is SO FAST is because its the core of the OS and it's not had all the CRAPOLA added to it yet.
Just one opinion. No rebuttal required.

Me :island:

I see no real difference in speed between Win7 and Win8. They both run from the M4 and are very fast. But I need a lot more time to get things done in Win8. Just finding the right WordPad.exe to pin to the taskbar took me a while - there were multiple choices of which only one worked. And getting the cmd shortcut from the system32 folder is not really practical either.

I think I just said something about "lack of understanding", Eh?

First you dump that useless Metro UI, then you install the "Classic Shell" and Win-8/DP is as easy to use as XP classic. You don't have to go digging for anything.
Wordpad, for instance is in the same place it is in previous OS's.

Once I set up W7 or W8, it would take a trained eye to tell that it's not XP.

Why do I even try?
:cool:

I didn't see a major speed increase either. Especially when you allow for all of the added stuff in W7 that isn't in W8 yet. Then W7 has SP1 and a lot of updates, AV that isn't integrated into W7 like it is in W8. Then all on the things you've installed on W7 but not on W8. It's nothing like the speed increase from Vista to W7 beta. That was noticeable.
Joe

Wayne,

1st, yes, I do realize the object of the comments is not taking stock in anything ANY of us say. Henceforth, I'll bite my tongue. On the other hand...

I did manage, even though, indeed, I, too, read it, I refrained from saying anything about this part, "the UN-Deleteable file or the
OS from He** that cannot be removed"... maybe, probably cus I was so dumbfounded I could imagine what the h*ll TO say. although, after that one I may have pleaded for someone to stop the madness.

I think one reason that Win-8/DP is SO FAST is because its the core of the OS and it's not had all the CRAPOLA added to it yet.

Actually, having sat through the BUILD Keynote presentation, I was enlightened a bit regarding why 8 is so fast & it's not cus the DP is 'bare-bones'. In prior texts I eluded to Features & Functionality of Win8 & suggested much of the appreciation lay under the covers. I've, also, said this would manifest itself in noticable performance, more than blatantly visible 'things'. Anyway, there is a lot of differences down @ the core/kernel level... big differences in boot attributes & activity... big differences in memory, power & CPU handling. Windows 8, in many ways, on many levels, for many reasons, is not Windows 7B, there is significant new design, different engineering goals & approches... a lot, @ the platform level has been re-thought, & quite different directions taken.

All of this, also, impacts on the vast magnitude of compatibility from Win8 & its ability to run on, what would be considered as not very robust hardware.

Here are 2 links the shed light on the topic:
Technolog - Windows 8 boots super fast, says Microsoft
Here’s Why Windows 8 Will Boot Much Faster than Windows 7 - How-To Geek

Just FYI not, to argue.

Cheers,
Drew

For the umteenth time, please, do not talk about the forthcoming Windows 8 as if it's a done deal, based on the DP. It's damn near apples n oranges.

Regards,
Drew

Just supposing the Metro theme never existed on Windows 8. And it had a normal start menu and desktop like Windows 7 and the other versions of Windows.

But then what can Windows 8 do for us that Windows 7 cannot do?

Windows 7 is perfect in every way.They cannot make a better version of Windows than Windows 7. Windows 7 has got everything.

And most people have just spent money and bought Windows 7 now anyway.As Windows 7 is new and only been out since October 2009. So we don't need a Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

ADMIN, Monitors, Moderators, Managers, whomever invited me here & processed my Membership...

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SCRENARIO & SITUATION, NOW, PLEASE. IT CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO GOETH ANY FURTHER. ON BEHALF OF MYSELF & MY PEERS W/IN THIS FORUM... WE ARE BEGGING, URGING, PLEADING... SEE THIS AS THE LAST STRAW. WE MUST NOT GOETH FURTHER WASTING SPACE & TIME.

Please, put an end to us reading any more of this or such repetitive, silly, outrageous, spewing, PLEASE!!

I think Windows 8 is a test OS ... probably going to be nice, but everything is standardizing on Windows 7 which will be around a long time.

In prior texts I eluded to Features & Functionality of Win8 & suggested much of the appreciation lay under the covers. I've, also, said this would manifest itself in noticable performance, more than blatantly visible 'things'. Anyway, there is a lot of differences down @ the core/kernel level...
Drew, that is understood. These are welcome changes. I suppose they had to do a lot of that to accomodate the ARM support.

However, most of the Windows7 enthusiasts run their OS from an SSD and if you do the same with Windows8, you will not notice any real difference in performance despite the fact that Win8 is really only a skeleton of an OS.

I have one Win8 on an i5 laptop with a Crucial M4 SSD. Win7 and Win8 behave about the same. Another Win8 is on an i7 desktop running from an eSata HDD and Win7 on a SSD. There Win8 is a lot slower than Win7. But that is to be expected. I believe it is faster than a Win7 on a HDD but I have no way to compare because I have no such configuration.

I think that I should take my friends advice and write to my Prime Minister to save us all from the dreaded Windows 8. I think we should all start writing in protest against Windows 8.

Letter to the President or Prime Minister-

" Dear President/Prime Minister,(President or Prime Ministers name)
I understand that Microsoft are going to bring out Windows 8 and it is already out in developers preview. And I understand that Microsoft are not going to make Windows 8 like the other versions of Windows,7,Vista and XP. And I am writing to ask you to do something to prevent Microsoft bringing out this Windows 8.

As you may have seen on the Internet,Windows 8 is going to be made like an I Pad or Mac desktop but something much more complicated than both.

As a result myself and other Windows users and also my office workers will no longer be able to use a computer. As I and my employees and family and friends and even more experienced computer users,only know how to use a Windows with a normal desktop and Windows start menu,not the tiled theme,that Microsoft have called the Metro theme. And a different operating system completely.

I understand also that if Microsoft brings out Windows 8 on sale that retailers will stop selling Windows 7 as they already stopped selling Windows Vista and Windows XP against the public's wishes.And that if this happens I and other home and office computer users will be forced to buy and use Windows 8. Which I,my family,friends and employees will not be able to use due to the complicated operating system and different and difficult to meet hardware requirements.

Therefore Windows 8 will have a devastating effect on myself,my family and friends and other office companies if Microsoft bring out this operating system. As it will mean I,and other people and other company offices will no longer be able to use a computer.And businesses will suffer as a result of this operating system,Windows 8.As most businesses and companies depend on being able to use the computer and computers.Which nobody will be able to use if Windows 7 is stopped replaced with Windows 8.

Please could you take action to stop Microsoft getting rid Windows 7 and other versions of Windows and replacing it with Windows 8.Yours Sincerely- Miss Andrea Borman."

The above letter is a good example of what Windows users should write in their letter to their President or Prime Minister.To stop Microsoft getting rid of Windows 7 and replacing it with Windows 8.

If they stop selling Windows 7 and we are forced to buy Windows 8. Most people including myself will have to give up using a computer. Because the way Windows 8 is we won't be able to use it with the Metro theme.

But maybe our Presidents and Prime Ministers will be sympathetic to us Windows users. And most of the people in the world use Windows. And maybe our governments will ban the dreaded Windows 8. And we will be able to stay on Windows 7. And they might even bring back Windows Vista and Windows XP in the shops too. Andrea Borman.

Do you honestly believe that the PM or his staff will even read your whining let alone take it seriously? If they do it will probably be passed around as the laugh of the day.
Joe

Do you honestly believe that the PM or his staff will even read your whining let alone take it seriously? If they do it will probably be passed around as the laugh of the day.
Joe

But the Prime Ministers and Presidents won't be laughing when they end up stuck with Windows 8. Because they won't be able to use it either,with it's no start menu and Metro theme. If Windows 8 comes out most Windows users won't be able to use a computer any more.

But unfortunently Microsoft have made it clear to us that they are not going to bring out Windows 8 with a normal start menu and desktop. So it looks like we are doomed to be stuck with an operating system that we cannot use or figure out how to use. Andrea Borman.

To Windows 7 Forums Admin:

Please, do something about this Borman person. It is unacceptable to continue having space & time taken by such outlandish, senseless text. There is no useful purpose being served to anyone by allowing such foolish diarrhea. And any rebuttals from knowledgable Members has no effect so, PLEASE, take action.

In fact, this is said (again) on behalf on many Members, both current & future.

Thank you.

Andrea, if, you won't cease & desist your rubbish @ least STOP SAYING "WE". DO NOT continue to speak for others. 1, cus what you are saying is false & warped & 2, cus 99.9% or more DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU or can even begin to phathom your twisted, groundless logic or why you keep rattling on about an Operating System that doesn't even exist!!

OMG, can't you get the hint??? Or the blatant message??? Go be a stupid bother & pest in some other forum, if you really must be a pain & aggrevating irritation & undesirable burden to people. And, in this context, people who are trying to help folks & offer something SOUND & of value... that categorically DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!!

Since you listen to & grasp nothing & say rubbish, there is obviously no sense or reason for you being here. PLEASE GO AWAY!!

Yeeeesh, sigh. :cool::confused_smile::mad:

Andrea, if, you won't cease & desist your rubbish @ least STOP SAYING "WE". DO NOT continue to speak for others. 1, cus what you are saying is false & warped & 2, cus 99.9% or more DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU or can even begin to phathom your twisted, groundless logic or why you keep rattling on about an Operating System that doesn't even exist!!

OMG, can't you get the hint??? Or the blatant message??? Go be a stupid bother & pest in some other forum, if you really must be a pain & aggrevating irritation & undesirable burden to people. And, in this context, people who are trying to help folks & offer something SOUND & of value... that categorically DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!!

Since you listen to & grasp nothing & say rubbish, there is obviously no sense or reason for you being here. PLEASE GO AWAY!!

Yeeeesh, sigh. :cool::confused_smile::mad:
Sorry, but you have stepped over the line.
According to item #11 of our Terms of Service "Personal Attacks: Any attack that targets a member of the website, specifically, is considered a personal attack and is not permitted."
Insinuating that another member is a "stupid bother & pest" constitutes a personal attack.
This particular thread is located in our "Discussion" sub-forum. A "Discussion" by definition requires a conversation between two or more individuals and necessarily requires a single unique property "listening". And I believe that a "Discussion" can be presumed to have been concluded when one of those individuals has obviously stopped "listening".
Please feel free to exercise you're right to stop participating in any "Discussion" when ever you feel that you can no longer contribute to the topic in a positive and constructive manner.
It is not your job to police the forum nor its' various sub-forums and suggest that one of our members "PLEASE GO AWAY!!"
There are too many members with too many opinions (right or wrong) for anyone to assume the responsibility of policing the forum in an attempt to root out all perceived wrong doers.
There are also many people who enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing, in some cases, just to evoke the kind of response you decided was your duty to contribute to this thread. That's called "baiting" or in some cases "flame baiting" and in either case I thought you were way smarter than that.
Please refrain from any such comments in the future.
Regards
Randy

Back