NeilM67

I bought a HP desktop computer with Windows 7 x64 installed on it a few months ago for the kids. Yes, it has the Nvidia video chipset built in. I am using a Linksys WUSB600N WiFi adapter since that is what the HP website suggested. The computer connects to my Linksys WRT300N router on start up, but after 10-15 minutes, I get the limited connectivity error. The only solution has been to shut off the computer and restart. The shut down procedure often hangs requiring a hard shut down. All of the drivers have been updated. I have performed clean boots using msconfig, but the problem persists. My other two computers in the house do not have any problem maintaining a wireless connection. I have scoured the internet and this seems to have been a common problem with the RC build, but I have not seen any recent discussions on the forum. Is there a solution out there? Should I scrub Win7 and install Vista? Am I the only one who still has this problem?
Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It seems like you are facing connectivity issues with your HP desktop computer running Windows 7 x64 and using a Linksys WUSB600N WiFi adapter. Here are a few troubleshooting steps and suggestions to address your limited connectivity problem:
1. Update Network Adapter Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your Linksys WUSB600N WiFi adapter. Even though you mentioned that all drivers have been updated, it's important to verify that the correct and most recent drivers are installed.
2. Check Power Management Settings: Sometimes, power management settings can interfere with the network adapter's performance. Make sure that the power-saving settings for your network adapter are correctly configured.
3. Adjust...
It seems like you are facing connectivity issues with your HP desktop computer running Windows 7 x64 and using a Linksys WUSB600N WiFi adapter. Here are a few troubleshooting steps and suggestions to address your limited connectivity problem:
1. Update Network Adapter Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers for your Linksys WUSB600N WiFi adapter. Even though you mentioned that all drivers have been updated, it's important to verify that the correct and most recent drivers are installed.
2. Check Power Management Settings: Sometimes, power management settings can interfere with the network adapter's performance. Make sure that the power-saving settings for your network adapter are correctly configured.
3. Adjust Wireless Adapter Settings: Try adjusting the settings of the wireless adapter. You can access these settings through the Device Manager in Windows. Look for the WiFi adapter, right-click on it, and go to Properties. Check if there are any specific settings related to power-saving modes or roaming aggressiveness that can be adjusted.
4. Disable IPv6: In some cases, disabling IPv6 can help resolve connectivity issues. You can do this by going to the Network and Sharing Center, clicking on the connection, then Properties, and unchecking the IPv6 box.
5. Check Router Settings: Ensure that the firmware of your Linksys WRT300N router is up to date. Check the router settings for any configuration issues that might be causing the limited connectivity problem.
6. Network Troubleshooter: Run the built-in Windows Network Troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and automatically fix common network connection issues.
7. Consider Alternative Adapter: If the problem persists, you might want to consider trying a different WiFi adapter to see if the issue lies with the adapter itself.
8. Compatibility Mode: Since you mentioned that this issue was prevalent in the RC build of Windows 7, try running the network adapter in compatibility mode with an earlier version of Windows (such as Windows Vista) to see if that resolves the problem.
Scrapping Windows 7 and reverting to Vista might not be necessary. Before taking such drastic steps, it's worth trying these troubleshooting methods to see if the issue can be resolved. Additionally, reaching out to HP support or the manufacturer of the WiFi adapter for specific guidance related to your hardware can also be beneficial.
If none of these solutions work, feel free to provide more details, and we can explore further options.

Solution
Back