Windows 10 Will not boot after secure boot enabled

rdl014

After enabling Secure Boot, Windows 10 will not boot, it goes to Automatic Repair. I am in UEFI mode, AMD TPM enabled and CSM disabled. I am using a Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 5 WiFi MB, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, 2x8GB gSkill 3600 RAM, M.2 500GB SSD for C: drive and the latest Windows 10 upgrade. All drives are GPT formatted. I am an Insider member and would like to download Windows 11. When I enable Secure Boot and Standard and go to Save and Exit, it goes to Automatic Repair. I have even done a Windows 10 reinstall, keeping personal data and apps. Any suggestions???? Thanks

I looked up your board and it looks like you're doing it properly. Thats really strange. Can you back up your data before you move forward? The reason I ask this is because let's just say you disable Secure Boot... there is a chance the data will become further corrupted. But if thats not a big deal, try disabling it. This is a tough one as I do not know what the cause could be. If you can get Windows to boot w/secure boot off, I would make sure that you have the latest BIOS from Gigabyte (just in case).

Thank you, Mike. I had not updated my BIOS since the new updates concerned the Zen 3 CPUs. I did go ahead and updated my BIOS and, all of a sudden Microsoft said I could upgrade to Windows 11. When in BIOS, it shows that I have Secure Boot enabled but under System Information, it shows that Secure Boot is not enabled. Strange, but I do now have Windows 11 ordered. Not sure if I like it or not as I can't located everything right now.

If your system is using legacy boot with MBR then secure boot will not work. Secure boot is used in addition to UEFI boot to secure the early stages of the boot process.

After enabling Secure Boot, Windows 10 will not boot, it goes to Automatic Repair. I am in UEFI mode, AMD TPM enabled and CSM disabled. I am using a Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 5 WiFi MB, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, 2x8GB gSkill 3600 RAM, M.2 500GB SSD for C: drive and the latest Windows 10 upgrade. All drives are GPT formatted. I am an Insider member and would like to download Windows 11. When I enable Secure Boot and Standard and go to Save and Exit, it goes to Automatic Repair. I have even done a Windows 10 reinstall, keeping personal data and apps. Any suggestions???? Thanks
I have almost exactly the same build and same problem. Tried many work arounds without luck. Please post when you have it figured out -- and thanks ahead of time.

From an elevated command or powershell prompt type bcdedit /enum what are the PATH variables for both the boot manager and boot loader?

I typed bcdedit /enum into the "search" bar with little result. Not skilled enough .
Don't know what elevated command or power shell mean.

this is the best I can do

Attachments

• cmd.jpg
    cmd.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom