Windows 7 win 7 64 bit isatp adaptor

normco

win 7 64-bit. drivers checked as newest. Only thing new is a printer i installed on my laptop and is wireless. This yellow exclamation on all isatp adaptors is on my desktop. Please advise.

Probably depends on what you want to do. If you are talking about ISATAP adapters (Inter Site Automatic Tunneling Address Protocol Adapters), then according to microsoft "you can safely ignore the problem state indicator the adapter will continue to work properly".
Both this type adapter and the often discussed 6to4 adapters are in place to support transitioning between and interoperation of both IPv4 and IPv6.
Unfortunately in some cases these adapter can seem to multiply like bunnies and you can end up with a bunch of unneccesary adapters that may result in some issues during enumeration of network devices.
This can be caused by frequent uninstalling and reinstalling of network adapters either physically or virtually and according to some by poorly written network adapter driver software, which can create a new such adapter everytime your computer is rebooted. Not sure if it's all that bad, but I have heard reports of people having literally hundreds of these so maybe.
If you're like me and are not using any features that require IPv6, then you can uncheck IPv6 in the properties of your network adapter and your problem should be resolved. No new such adapters will be re-created.
Hope this helps.

Back