Windows 7 Win 7 hibernate when installing programs

markusb

Hi!

Im new to this forum and have just installed win 7 on my latop LG E300 to try it out.

Ive got a very annoying problem... when I run a installer the pc enters hibernate!?
This is my second install of win 7 and I hade the same problem in the first install.

What could cause this to happen?
When installing Nokia PC Suite it hibernated 4 times.... almost threw it out the window.

LG has no support for win7 as this is a vista machine. 50% of the vistadrivers wont work in win7..

/Markus, Sweden

Do you need hibernation? If not disable it.

1. Open a Elevated Command Prompt. (Right click>>Run as administrator)

2. To Disable Hibernate -
A) In the elevated command prompt, type powercfg -h off and press Enter. (See screenshot below)

4. Close the elevated command prompt.

Thank you for the reply!

I would like to have hibernation, but if I got no choice Ill disable it to keep the computer working.

Did some more research a moment ago, was thinking bout heat issue causing hibernation as protection.
Installed speedfan and got a surprise!

IDLE
hdd 53C
core1 51C
core2 52C

When using cpu (installing programs, watching video and so on) I get to 80C+ in just a few seconds in both cores.
Been as high as 90C when loading cpu at 100% for more than a few seconds.
That cant be normal? Even when the cpu is connected to a copper heatpipe? Or is it?

Ill try some arctic silver and see what that does. If it doesnt help Ill turn off hibernation.

Thank you for the help.

Those are about normal temperatures, and it is also fairly normal to get such high readings when watching media.
I also don't think that it would go into hibernation, rather just crash, try the arctic silver and if that doesn't help, turn off hibernation, cheers! :)

Back