Windows 7 Win 7 Home Premium crashing, will Win 7 Professional?

Quadzilla

Hello Everyone,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and a Dell Studio XPS running Windows Home Premium 64-bit. I run Dragon NaturallySpeaking ver. 11 software very often on both machines. I'm happy with Windows 7 but I've noticed in the Home Premium version, applications seem to crash a lot more often than in Windows 7 Professional. In fact, apps in the Professional version hardly crash at all. Also, Dragon NaturallySpeaking crashes a lot more often in the in Windows 7 Home Premium than in Windows 7 Professional. Any idea why that is? Does it have to do the Windows 7 Home Premium version being 64-bit while the Windows 7 Professional is version 32-bit?

I ask all this because I'd like to upgrade the desktop to Windows 7 Professional but would like to use the 64-bit version as I currently have 12 GB's of RAM in this machine. I'd probably also install the 64-bit version on my laptop so I could add more RAM to the 4 GB's it's currently using.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Hi Dan,
I checked the system requirements and are included below:

Supported Operating Systems:
  • Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
  • Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
  • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
  • Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
  • Windows Vista™ or Windows Vista™ SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit

Ref: Software, voice recognition, Dragon 11 Home – Nuance

As to why it's crashing more on one machine and not the other could be down to what other software is installed or how well the drivers have been updated. If you can, try checking the 'Event logs' when the app crashes again and post the results.

Back
Top Bottom