Windows 7 win 7 laptop not connecting to wireless Network, other laptops in house will

swoodrow

What country are you located in. Canada
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Rogers
Make and exact model of the broadband modem. D-Link Wireless Router WBR-2310
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit). Motorola SURFboard Cable Modem (SB5101)
Connection type, wired or wireless. Wireless
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2) WPA
Make and model of your computer. Lenovo G550
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines. Windows 7 Professional

Hi Everyone,
There is a problem with my Laptop connecting to the wireless network. I have tried Calling both Rogers and D-Link, and they resolved it saying there was a problem with the laptop itself.
I have tried Creating a new wireless network, and changing the settings of the adapter (though I had no clue what I was doing).
I should also not that even when I did a hard connect it would not work.

Help?

You didn't supply the manufacturer and models numbers for your two Network Adapters, with that information we might be able to help some. I couldn't find anything on Lenovo's site regarding a G550 specifically. Are there any other numbers associated with that model number? D-Link has some firmware updates for that router, but I would save that until last. I'm assuming this was an upgrade from another OS, if yes, how did you do it? Or did Win 7 Pro come preinstalled?

I don't have a Lenovo, I was commenting on the network disconnection. I have four new Acer laptops, (running W7) one for each family member, plus some older desktop PC's (running XP). The window 7 machines will not maintain a continuous connection with the wireless router, whereas the xp machines have no problem.

Actually Bill, I found the answer. It turns out that when Lenovo designed this laptop, they put faulty software on it. Uninstall ReadyComm 5 and everything should be working fine.
swoodrow:
Good catch as this information will undoubtedly help other's who are experienceing this issue on their Lenovo(s). Thanks very much for posting your solution. I for one will try to remember it for future use. Some rep for you and Happy New Year

Back