Windows 7 WIN 7 will not connect to 8.1 in network mapping

jhmac77

I have this problem only with win 8.1 for several years and not with win 7 and XP.
When I try to connect win 7 with win 8.1 I always get that there is a so called spelling error in the drive and the computer name. That is ridiculous and a lie.! HOW CAN I SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!! I HATE WIN 8.1. You would think by now this problem would have been corrected with security up-dates!!!!
Win 8.1 mapping drives
I have this problem only with win 8.1 for several years and not with win 7 and XP.
When I try to connect win 7 with win 8.1 I always get that there is a so called spelling error in the drive and the computer name. That is ridiculous and a lie.! HOW CAN I SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!! You would think by now this problem would have been corrected with security updates!!!!

appears to be a spelling problem
error code is 0x80070035
drive letters not found or recognized

Thiis has been going on for a long time. should have been corrected by security downloads. This never happened before with win 7 and xp over many years. Only when win 8 came on the scene Win 7 would not connect to 8.

Windows 8 and 8.1 by default enforce SMB signing you can disable on the Windows 8.1 computer.
To disable SMB signing on the Windows Server 2000 and 2003 perform the following:
  1. Start the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
  2. Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters.
  3. From the Edit menu select New – DWORD value.
  4. Add the following two values EnableSecuritySignature and RequireSecuritySignature if they do not exist.
  5. You should set to 0 for disable (the default) or 1 to enable. Enabling EnableSecuritySignature means if the client also has SMB signing enabled then that is the preferred communication method, but setting RequireSecuritySignature to enabled means SMB signing MUST be used and so if the client is not SMB signature enabled then communication will fail.
  6. Shut down and restart Windows

Back