Windows 7 Win 7 x64 BSOD with a twist

mulsannebump

Hello,

Windows 7 went south on me and is now completely unbootable. I used the repair tool on the install disk and nothing. When I told it to stop on BSOD it said that the volmgrx.sys was messed up. Also, It wont even boot in safe mode. Fortunately I had imaged this hard drive only a month before when moving to a larger hard drive. So here's the question. If I were going to attempt to replace the registry and this volmgrx.sys file with that from the one month old hard drive, how would I do it? I have to be able to slave the unbootable drive and drop the files on it where they need to be from the bootable old drive. Any suggestions for other files or methods would be excellent! Please don't tell me to just use the old hard drive or reinstall windows. The new HD just needs some TLC in the right places. Lastly, I think the problem was with the mobo so I replaced it, put in a 1000 watt ps and got new memory.

Why not re-install 7 over the top but as an 'upgrade' installation so your files ect won't be lost?

Back
Top Bottom