Windows 7 Win7 UAC, file permissions and the like

Puddin Man

Win7-64 HP OEM on a new desktop at my home and used -only- by myself ...

Win7 and I are new to each other. I've heard that it is a good idea to run a
user account in my circumstance and avoid using the Admin account for the most
part.

That's what I've trying to do, and it is a sizable headache. Win7, in it's
infinite wisdom, protects the Admin stuff from my user id and vice-versa, so I cannot do what I need from one user-id. There are only 2 on the system.

For instance, I need to copy the \Users\Administrator and User\userX profile file-structures to backup folders, and it won't let me. I have "take possession" on my right-click menu: there's more to the problem than that.

Any/all help/info would be much appreciated.

Puddin

PS - Is the spam supposed to cover the message text????

Last edited:
I'm a single user too, I disabled UAC the damn thing it's more trouble than it's worth to me. I just run the administrator account not a second user account.
Joe

I'm a single user too, I disabled UAC the damn thing it's more trouble than it's worth to me. I just run the administrator account not a second user account.
Joe

I've got it set to "Never Notify" and it still gives me the "You must get permission ..." message when I try to copy folders.

What did you do to disable?

Thanks,
P

Just slide the security slider all the way to the bottom.

Control Panel, Review you computer's status, Change User Account Control Settings.

Just slide the security slider all the way to the bottom.

Control Panel, Review you computer's status, Change User Account Control Settings.

It is set to "Never Notify" and it still gives me the "You must get permission ..." message when I try to copy c:\users\userX.

Any help?

P

Back