Windows 10 windows 10 and older pc

That sounds about right!:andwhat: I spent months trying to figure out how to upload them to my various Cloud accounts as I said. Especially the OneDrive as I got 5TB of it with my Office365 subscription I purchased last year about this time. I even tried using various utilities to split the large Image backup file into sections; say 10GB chunks and tried to upload those to my OneDrive. That failed horribly <embarrassed>. And when I did upload some chunks into a folder for the really large Image files I have (some are as large as 250GB!), that's like a reassembly of 25 chunks to get back that 1 PC backup image; I couldn't make it work.:waah::wound: Re-downloading 25 files even with a fast Broadband connection (65Mbps) was just not an option; it would take days to re-download them, and then even more time to try to re-assemble them all into the 1 large file needed by Macrium Restore. It was probably a dumb idea. It turns out that there is a way around this with Macrium and other Image backup softwares, but they involved purchasing their legit business versions of the software.

I'm currently investigating buying a Workstation License from Macrium on Trial to do this. But, it still looks like I would need to purchase one of their Server Licenses which runs about $700 or so to make this work for my large Customer Image backup files. I cannot afford that as you probably cannot either as an individual. I also don't know for sure whether or not it will really work. If I can do it on their Workstation license for under $100 a year; even if it's limited with a max size cap, it still would be worth it, as about 80% of my clients have <100GB Image file sizes. This would be very nice as I'm having to buy 1TB-3TB USB drives every other month to keep up with all the customer computers I install or repair in case they scramble them...would save me some $$ I think.:cash:

I'll post back and let you know how that goes. Also, several of the other guys here are also using Macrium so perhaps they will chime in on this as to their experience. My guess is, most of us can't afford to solve this problem using a network-to-Cloud type backup from a home or home office as an individual or even a small repair business as I have. Larger businesses have more financial resources, and they have been doing this for a few years from what I understand with much success--but it's beyond my financial resources.

You're welcome-:cheerful:-talk to you soon!
BBJ

I use acronis and it splits the files in to whatever I set and then over night I push the images to my google drive. I'm thinking the major problem is Onedrive really not liking large files.

Oh thanks! That's really helpful.:worship: I may need to re-explore using Acronis images then. I had the same problem on Amazon Cloud as OneDrive. I haven't tried Google Drive yet that would be worth a shot. Since I had paid storage on OneDrive and Amazon I figured I'd use those first since it's costing me money for large storage capacity. What may I ask was the largest Acronis Image file you were able to upload in GB??

BBJ

65.7gb is my system drive backup. Took all night to upload but it's all up there. With onedrive try splitting them into 2gb parts. The backup app itself should have settings to accomplish that.

If I could do more than hunt and peck type I would have more to say about the information you have sent and thank you.

Windows 10 is running fine. I have never spent a penny to repair hardware or software. Between forums like this and a little research both canbe fixed. I have a new PSU, hard drive, Video card, CMOS batt etc. in here. Drives like a Mercedes.
Mark, I am curious about your post??

Back
Top Bottom