Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD

Erninnjo

Hi,
I'm also having problems in this case and i would like to ask for some advise.

Tipically the same issue - "unexpected store exception" BSOD, the info collecting percentage stucks at 0%, need hard reset, rebooting is not smooth, only once i got error message in with bootable device was not found - so usual.

However the interest is CMD commands fails as well:

sfc /scannow - end with error msg
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - "source files could not be found" (attached pic)

Uploading W7Fzip
best regards

oh, one more thing - as i know i have latest drivers installed on system

Attachments

• W7F_12-01-2016.zip
    438.8 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck EF, {ffffe001b81e77c0, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : svchost.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
I moved your post to it's own thread as it keeps things uncomplicated. The above thread means a critical process died although no mention is made of the cause or indeed which actual process died.
I notice your running AVG and I would try uninstalling this application (especially if it was installed at the time of upgrade) and just using the on board Defender. AVG has been known to cause issues in the past and you can always re-install it at a later date.
Looking at your screenshot of the file scans I can see that for some reason there is an incorrect command. You will notice in the command prompt that:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

appears as:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthexu

The above command is incorrect.
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type or copy and paste:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Looking through at your drivers I found this:
tap0901t.sys Wed Sep 16 07:02:43 2009: TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 or Google Earth or Tunngle (P2P VPN software) Please either update or remove if no longer used.

MEIx64 Intel(R) Management En Kernel 2013.11.27. 18:56:32 : Intel Engine management driver. Later version is on website:
Product Support | Dell US

iaStorA.sys Wed Aug 28 23:13:22 2013: Intel storage manager. Later version is on support page, link above

Post any new dump files.

pardon, that commad is really incorrect - it was a just a second try after the first's faliure, i have missed some letters... /my first command cannot be seen itself, just the results/

anyway, i have uninstalled AVG, but have some problems about the mentined drivers:

i have upgraded Tunggle program, but with the intel engine management and storage manager (S-ATA driver) i found that they are up to date.
i searched within device manager the driver versions, and seems to be the same, with the offered ones at dell website support.

CMD commands still not working

Attachments

• W7F_12-01-2016 (2).zip
    496.1 KB · Views: 319
I see the first command worked but found files it couldn't repair. Try running it again (just the first one).

Did you check to see if your system was compatible with Windows 10?

Anyhoo see how you go, if the machine bsod's again please post the new dump file.

Dell states that my notebook is compatible...

Attachments

• PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 344
I only meant the sfc scan but no matter. You obviously have corrupt files within the operating system. I would consider at some point in the future either a reset or a clean install.
As I said above see how you go and if it bsod's again post the dump file.

Hi again,

I have bad news, guess this issue is over now.
Today i had this BSOF again... two times in raw, then a third - new one, with a message: Critical_service_failed.
Then my PC totally wrecked. restarted with troubleshooting received an error msg, Win10 offered me the system restoring option, couldn't accomplish as well so i have installed an 8.1

Sorry to hear you had further issues Erninnjo. You still have time to upgrade to Windows 10, why not first download your drivers from the Dell support site, keep them on USB and use them after you upgrade?

I've just had enough of win10 for a while. Unfortunately i am depending on my PC due to work, need a stabe, reliable machine.
Now i wanna check, whether this problem appears on 8.1 or not after reinstall all my previous programs.
Maybe on summer i'll going to try out again win10.

Well you have up until the 29th of July 2016 before the offer of a free copy is rescinded.

Back
Top Bottom