Windows 10 Windows 10 constant lag spikes (Happened on 8.1 too) (Not fps lag)

So, I made a thread like this a while ago which was basically the same problem but I found a solution to it, which was a firmware upgrade on the router, but this time there is no firmware upgrade and I tried many things to try to solve it. Once again, this is only happening on my computer (Btw I am on wifi not ethernet) and not happening on any other computers, tablets, phones or anything else in my household. I already tried changing wireless channels and 2 and 3 seem the best but they still arent very great. I have also tried different security settings, and nothing seems to help. I don't want to pay for inSSIDer or any of those paid programs so I am trying to do this manually. I made a thread like this 2 days ago but now it is happening on windows 10 so I am posting this here. I thought windows 10 would post it but no.

Can you tell if this happens with any particular type of stream?

If you use Wireless, what type of wireless do you have. If you have 802.11n capability, are you using the 2.4 or 5 G version.

Do you open Task Manager and watch the performance tab to see if it shows interruptions in the stream?

I forgot to mention that it is only happening on my home network and it is fine at my friends house, grandmothers house, just not my home network

I have one 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz ones and when I go down to the bar at the bottom of my screen and put my pointer over the wifi icon it says that I am connected to Meyernet 2 which is one of my 5 GHz ones but then when I click it, it says just Meyernet (Connected) which is my 2.4 GHz one so I really don't know which one I am on..

Then you may be suffering from some interference. Grab a free wireless analyzer app on your phone and use it to scan. If your router is operating in the 2.4Ghz range then make sure your router is on channel 1, 6 or 11. Use the analyzer to pick the channel with the lowest # or weakest neigbhoring APs on it. Do not use another channel other than 1,6, or 11 as these are the only channels in the 2.4Ghz range that do not overlap. If you are 5GHz then again check any make sure you are on an empty channel. These don't overlap so any channel should be fine. I would also check your dB rating where you connect, something in the -40 to -65 range is what you want to hit. If you are getting -75 to -90 then your data rate will automatically drop to something in the area of 1Mbps. You may need to move your access point as something may be absorbing, deflecting, scattering or otherwise having a negative impact on your signal.

On routers, you should be able to give a name to each radio. You can add something like _5G to the normal name so you can connect to the one you want by right clicking the wireless icon and selecting the radio you want.

Also, in Task Manager, on the Network graph, you can right click and select "View Network Details"

On routers, you should be able to give a name to each radio. You can add something like _5G to the normal name so you can connect to the one you want by right clicking the wireless icon and selecting the radio you want.

Also, in Task Manager, on the Network graph, you can right click and select "View Network Details"
Where is the network graph?

The dB rating is about 52 so that isn't the problem... Do you think it has to do with minecraft? But same for minecraft it is laggy on my home network but on others it is fine so I don't think minecraft is the problem..

And it seems that 1,2,3, and 4 are the best channels probably 3 being the best. I will try switching to 1 to see what happens

If you are looking at the CPU graph, the speed changes all the time. If you want, change the Power scheme to High Performance and it should stay at the full speed.

• Press Win Key + i
  • Click on System
  • Click on Power and Sleep
  • Click Additional power settings
  • Click the arrow to the right of Show additional plans
  • Click the radio button for High Performance

The high performance doesn't help anything either and not that I had high hopes for it either because it has to do with wireless and not cpu really

Back