Windows 10 Windows 10 Font Issue (using any browser)

MarkyD87

Hey, has anyone got a fix for this problem?

When using ANY internet browser some of the font's are not being displayed correctly. They appear clear and blurred. Totally unreadable.

Drivers all up todate

Hey,

It's a custom built PC I've made which I've had no issues with prior to this.

Motherboard: GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU : i7 4770k
GPU : GTX 770 MSI
RAM : 32 Gig

O.S : Win 10 (previous o.s Win 7 and Win 8.1)

I've noticed that Nvidia have released a new Win 10 driver set this morning for my GPU but that's not resolved the problem. The Mobo chip set drivers and everything else are all up-to-date with the latest Win 10 build. I'm wondering if one of the fonts didn't install correctly on upgrading to Win 10.

Here's a picture of the issue I'm experiencing, it's most noticeable when using gmail, again this happens using any browser, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Untitled-2.jpg

Have you tried switching off/on / tune ClearType? (Right click on desktop - Display Settings - Advanced Display Settings - ClearType Text).

Do you have the default type text set to larger then 100%?
I tried to set mine to 125 as I always have in the past, and I get results like that in some but not all windows.

I gave up and went back to 100% for now but, I'd like to make it bigger.

Mike

Hey guys,

finally found the issue, Windows 10 doesn't seem to like some of the Helvetica fonts. The one in particular was the Neue set, so if you have these you might want to delete them if they're affecting your browser. Re-installing them doesn't fix the issue.

Back