Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

Because of my eternal optimism I choose to believe another build will be out tomorrow during the RTM sign off. If I have any Windows 10 systems online I will be watching to see if any unusual network activity is happening.

For now, though, I will not have them online because I am troubleshooting what appears to be a problem with Uncorrectable errors on my Network Connection and I want to eliminate Windows 10 from being involved.

We will see what happens tomorrow...

I am ready to think that your eternal optimism is only exceeded by that of Microsoft.LOL

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe I speak for a quorum of the forum when I state, quite matter of factly, that it was an extremely bad idea for them not to release the RTM bits on the official Microsoft website. That being said, all manner of ISO files are going to pop up, hopefully built off an authentic ESD (electronic software delivery) file, but as we do know, one bad apple can spoil the whole lot.

Wow .... I can't believe it. I upgraded and it works. I'm impressed..

Wow .... I can't believe it. I upgraded and it works. I'm impressed..
And I thought you just told me that ........
RollLaugh.gif

LOL.. I know, I know but I thought dammit if it's awful I'll re-install 10166. Pleasantly surprised.

As all three of us. I have been standing on my head the last couple of weeks, wondering wtf is going on. I am almost about to say "MS, I forgive you for your sins of the past twelve months" lol.

Darn. I cant find anything wrong,. Both fresh install and upgrade. I'll have to stop whining!

Plays ok in Chrome too..;) I must admit to liking the Edge far more than I ever liked IE tho..

For those who remain technically inclined, we have become aware of some TH2 builds, being enumerated as 10505. Although we cannot know for certain, some individuals believe that TH2 could be the public build that will appear in Windows Update on the 29th of July, 2015, or, TH2 could be a branch that is still in active development that we are not sure about. Should build 10505 become available on Windows Update, this may become the build we see on July 29th. It is important to remember that the release to manufacturer was sent to manufacturers, and Windows Insider Program members, so that they can continue testing (and making computers that don't look obsolete).

We may see a new build on the 29th, but this is not 100% certain. See also: Windows:10:Windows Update Builds - BetaWiki

This should get interesting.

I think I will go with the rumor TH2 will be released in October and be a fix for all the things Microsoft did not have time to fix prior to July 29th.

I see many posts by folks touting Windows 10 and trying to generating excitement in the New OS. I just believe a new OS should be able to generate its own excitement....Windows 10 does not seem to have that ability, at least not for me.

I'm not that excited either. This PC is a few years old so I'll probably stay with Windows 7 until I get a new one. There is really nothing that exciting in Windows 10 for me.
Joe

Back