Windows 10 Windows 10 installation problem

mjmitch

HI All,
A client gave me their Acer ES 15 laptop because they couldn't remember their logon password and had no means of password recovery. So I did a full reset and reinstall via W10 troubleshooting menu. Client didn't have the charger so the install failed at 64% when the battery had completely discharged.
Client brought charger in today but now the install is stuck in a boot loop. It loads to up to where it left off at 64% yesterday but then immediately restarts. Anyway of forcing it to resume installation or start off another install?

HI All,
A client gave me their Acer ES 15 laptop because they couldn't remember their logon password and had no means of password recovery. So I did a full reset and reinstall via W10 troubleshooting menu. Client didn't have the charger so the install failed at 64% when the battery had completely discharged.
Client brought charger in today but now the install is stuck in a boot loop. It loads to up to where it left off at 64% yesterday but then immediately restarts. Anyway of forcing it to resume installation or start off another install?

Go File Explorer, C:\ Windows, Software Distribution and delete the Download folder. Re start the computer this worked for me on my azure windows virtual desktop. Then try the update. or
Use the Media Creation Tool and do a clean install.

I don't support the method of reinstalling OS to solve the problem of the computer forgetting the password.But things have happened,you'd better do a clean Windows 10 installation again,Microsoft provides a Windows Media Creation tool to install Windows 10.

Hello @mjmitch, resetting OS and reinstalling windows os for forgot windows login password.

All login passwords will store in SAM file under system 32\config folder.

Resetting of password is takes 2 minutes only. I have tested own machines two times

Back
Top Bottom