Windows 11 Windows 11: What the hell is Microsoft thinking? (RANT)

"cognitive dissonance "
partly. Quite a lot of negative comments on the subject of 11 or previous OS's are, in my own thoughts, based a little on what I call Sheep mentality.
I have been running Windows 10 and Windows 11 since their public releases. I am not a game player, an only with reluctance do I ever resort to command line or registry changes. I have relented in order to make things simpler, i a few cases.
I doubt it will be believed, but I have had, in all those years, no problems with OS quirks or updates.
Sure, windows 11 needed a little new familiarization, but mainly only a leanring experience.

What is wrong with just having a page with an Icon for each specific item clearly identified by its title and Icon, instead of layers of pages to work your way through to get to the setting for that specific function.

The problem with having a page with an icon for each item is that it won't look and act like you are running on a smartphone! EVERYTHING in Windows 11 is designed to give the look and feel of a damn phone, not a computer.

Probably at all times, any renewal finds both supporters and opponents. If the product, for example, Windows, comes out a little raw, later identified deficiencies are removed if possible.
Microsoft chooses not to identify complaints as deficiencies to be fixed but rather as "features" to be expanded upon.

I'm sure I am not the only one who complained that the Win11 installer simply deletes a number of existing programs that were installed on the Win10 system -- recently I let Windows install the latest semi-annual major update, only to discover that it deleted those same programs again and that it again wiped out all the arranging I had done to organize the stupid way Win11 expects you to access your programs.

Googling, I am assured that files will NOT get deleted, I, when the occasion arises, do a fresh install and elect to keep my programs and data. To date, I have not lost anything. Just me:rolleyes:

Googling, I am assured that files will NOT get deleted, I, when the occasion arises, do a fresh install and elect to keep my programs and data. To date, I have not lost anything. Just me:rolleyes:
Feel free to "Google" anything you want -- but let me assure you that any install of Win11 or any of its semi-annual major updates will hunt down and delete any of the pre-Win10 games that were included in earlier versions of Windows.

The older (free!) versions of Solitaire, Hearts, Minesweeper, etc. all run fine under Windows 10 and 11 -- but Win11 install will search for and delete the files from your computer so that Microsoft can offer to sell you the new versions.

Back