Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD help

spungemonkey

Hey there.

Today I was on my laptop (an acer) and out of nowhere I got the BSOD. It wasn’t around long enough for me to see it so once it went around its business and restarted the Laptop. It offerer to start up in safe or normal mode, so I chose normal for starters.

I then decided to backup my files are I hadn’t done it yet. After about 20 minutes of sitting idle and backing up, I got a popup saying that a critical error had occurred and to save my stuff before it shut itself down in the next minute. It then reset again and booted it up in safe mode, backing up important files onto a pen drive. I then decided to take my battery out and run it off the mains as that usually fixes other problems my laptop has and for the most part it worked. I stayed on long enough to backup the files and let me surf the web.
I thought everything was fine until I turned round and it had reset itself again, and according to my friend it blue screened once more before booting the laptop up. It’s been a few hours since then and I’ve been on for a few minute and nothing seems to have changed, but is there anyway to fix the problems?

At the time I was running Adobe Premiere CS4 and I have just recently moved the Photoshop CS4 file from one computer (xp) to another (Win7) but have since deleted it. I am running:

Acer Aspire 6935G Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor t6400 2GHz processor
4GB of RAM
1GB NVIDIA GeForce Graphics card
Windows 7 64x Professional

Any help or tips on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciate. I use this laptop for college work and it would be a major set back to not be able to use it over the holidays

Back