Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD on new build

crashjesse

Hello,
I built a new computer with the following specs
nVidea evga gt210 512 mb video card
amd phenom ii x2 550 chip
Barracuda 3.5-inch SATA 5900 RPM 1.5TB Hard Drive
gigabyte ga-790xta-ud4
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model

I originally used the case and power supply(450 watts) from my old computer. On the first night I installed windows 7 and my other software and it worked great. The next morning when I started it up it BSOD.

I bought a new 750 watt power supply, a new case, and a new 400G Hd and it crashed again.

I've ran memtest on the memory and they passed

I have had multiple bsod errors including
Memory_Management
bad_pool_header
and another one I didn't write down

sometimes when it recovers from a BSOD it gives me an option to debug a bad file.

I have attached the first and last mini dump and my msinfo32 spec

I took out one stick of memory and it crashed again.

I've installed all the windows updates

last night I changed the power settings in bios to 1.65v for my memory, and it still crashed

Will you please help me make my system stable. I have no idea why it keeps crashing, everything is new.

Attachments

• msi.nfo
    1.6 MB · Views: 444
  • mini dumps (2)..zip
    68.4 KB · Views: 282
Hello,
I built a new computer with the following specs
nVidea evga gt210 512 mb video card
amd phenom ii x2 550 chip
Barracuda 3.5-inch SATA 5900 RPM 1.5TB Hard Drive
gigabyte ga-790xta-ud4
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model

I originally used the case and power supply(450 watts) from my old computer. On the first night I installed windows 7 and my other software and it worked great. The next morning when I started it up it BSOD.

I bought a new 750 watt power supply, a new case, and a new 400G Hd and it crashed again.

I've ran memtest on the memory and they passed

I have had multiple bsod errors including
Memory_Management
bad_pool_header
and another one I didn't write down

sometimes when it recovers from a BSOD it gives me an option to debug a bad file.

I have attached the first and last mini dump and my msinfo32 spec

I took out one stick of memory and it crashed again.

I've installed all the windows updates

last night I changed the power settings in bios to 1.65v for my memory, and it still crashed

Will you please help me make my system stable. I have no idea why it keeps crashing, everything is new.

I would first try unninstalling mcafee security scanner and any other components it has and then also unninstall AVG which was involved in the crash and replacing with Microsoft Security Essentials then upload anymore minidumps if you crash again ?

you could do with updating this driver too
LUsbFilt.Sys 0x965a1000 0x965a6700 0x00005700 0x47c7d98e 29/02/2008 10:08:14
?

what memtest did you use ?

Last edited:
crashed again

Thanks for your reply,
I used memtest86 for my memtest
I uninstalled macafee security scanner, AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.
It worked good for a couple days, they it crashed a couple times today.
My firefox keeps crashing intermittently also.
I'm attaching the mini dump

Attachments

• 022810-25084-01..zip
    73.6 KB · Views: 263
Thanks for your reply,
I used memtest86 for my memtest
I uninstalled macafee security scanner, AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.
It worked good for a couple days, they it crashed a couple times today.
My firefox keeps crashing intermittently also.
I'm attaching the mini dump

seems to be a problem with symbols but it shows as BugCheck 1000008E

I suggest "Try (changing) borrow a video adapter to test, Check for any BIOS updates, Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing." ?

make sure you are fully backed up then try running driver verifier :
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in \\"verifier\\" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select \\"Create custom settings (for code developers)\\" and click \\"Next\\"
- Select \\"Select individual settings from a full list\\" and click \\"Next\\"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR \\"Low Resource Simulation\\" and click \\"Next\\"
- Select \\"Select driver names from a list\\" and click \\"Next\\"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click \\"Next\\"
- Select \\"Finish\\" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting \\"Delete existing settings\\" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode (by pressing F8 repeatedly & select)
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line.

To disable Driver Verifier so that it no longer performs verification checks at startup, run Driver Verifier Manager again and select Delete Existing Settings in the initial dialog box.
Alternatively, click Start, then Run, and type verifier /reset in the Open box.

More info on this at this link: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

let us know any progress ?

more crash info

Hello again.
I haven't had a chance to do you things you recommended in your latest post yet.

Firefox crashed on me and then I had another BSOD
I was able to paste a screen shot of the error before it crashed

I have a 1GB USB stick I use often, and I'm starting to think that it might be the culprit.
My computer crashed when I had it plugged into the front computer usb slot.
Than I restarted it and I was able to access the USB by plugging it into the motherboard on the back of the computer.

I'm attaching my latest crash file, and a word doc with a copy of the screen shot.

So,
Is it a USB hardware issue, or a software issue?

Would a fresh install of Windows 7 help me, or should I throw away the USB?

I'm going to work on the things you recommended in your latest post now,
Thanks

Attachments

• new error..zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 302
Hi crashjesse,
I checked your Bios version and it seems that there is an update (see screenshot)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Even when buying a new motherboard it's not always the case where it will come preloaded with the latest firmware..

I downloaded and opened the exe bios file version F2 last week,
I downloaded and opened the exe bios file version F3A today
Is that all I have to do to update my bios?
Simply clicking on the exe file?

My computer is running great at the minute and all of my problems have happened around my usb ports.
First it was my Linksys usb wireless adapter,
Then, it crashed the day after I had my iPod plugged in,
Then it crashed today when my USB memory stick was plugged in,

The usb plug in's from the case to the motherboard were confusing to me when I initially built my computer,
what are the chances that I plugged them into the motherboard incorrectly and that's what has been causing my problems.

My computer is running great at the minute and all of my problems have happened around my usb ports.
First it was my Linksys usb wireless adapter,
Then, it crashed the day after I had my iPod plugged in,
Then it crashed today when my USB memory stick was plugged in,

The usb plug in's from the case to the motherboard were confusing to me when I initially built my computer,
what are the chances that I plugged them into the motherboard incorrectly and that's what has been causing my problems.

possibly if they arent the standard molded plug ?

what make and model of power supply are you using ?

have you done a power calculation >> check your PSU minimum requirements here

It says I only need 275watts on the calculator

Brand new
Thermaltake WingRS 201 VJ60001N2Z Mid tower case

and Coolmax 700 watt atx cu-700b power supply

The plug ins for the front panel stuff were separate. But it was all brand new, so ?

Flashing Gigabyte motherboards is relatively simple plus they have a 'Dual-Bios' set-up which means if the flash fails or screws up in someway (let's say you had a powercut right in the middle of flashing?) then the back-up would kick in.
The file you downloaded needs to be unzipped and placed on either a floppy or thumb drive which have been formatted to FAT32. This will allow you to flash the board using a method called 'Qflash'. I feel that this is better than the automated process as you have more control over which version of Bios you ultimately flash with. For a set of PDF files on this process please go here: Q-Flash

It might be worth checking this. I see your board is capable of USB3 so wonder if this has something to do with it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the instructions on how to update bios.

I updated to the latest bios

when I restarted it gave me an option to load Windows 7(there were 2 Windows 7 options)

When I go to my computer it shows
3 hd's even though I only have 2 SAta HD's
it shows
Local disk(c:)
System reserved(f:)
Local Disk(G:)
The system reserved disk only has 99mb total size(with 61.8mb free)

I ran the Windows 7 repair from the original Windows 7 DVD and rebooted and it started without the second Windows 7 boot option.
Things are looking good.
We'll see If I can go a week without a BSOD

Thanks for the instructions on how to update bios.

I updated to the latest bios

when I restarted it gave me an option to load Windows 7(there were 2 Windows 7 options)

When I go to my computer it shows
3 hd's even though I only have 2 SAta HD's
it shows
Local disk(c:)
System reserved(f:)
Local Disk(G:)
The system reserved disk only has 99mb total size(with 61.8mb free)

Yes the system reserved partition is meant to be there and is needed by 7 to store certain files. If 7 is installed onto a already formatted disk it then doesn't create this partition but instead creates a hidden folder. Anyway, I'm not sure why it's appearing in 'Computer' but it sounds like your figuring it out... :)

Last night it was working good
I added my music to Itunes and shut it down
This morning it BSOD again, first thing
another bad_Pool_Header
I've included the mini dump
Please help me fix this, it's driving me nuts

Attachments

• 030410-26582-01..zip
    29.8 KB · Views: 254
I ran the driver verifier

Hello,
I ran the driver verifier, and now it crashes immediately

every time I start it

Attachments

• 030410-26785-01..zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 268
I deleted the verifier settings, and now I can get into Windows without it crashing immediately
When I look under device manager there is a yellow yield symbol on my pc
when I look at the hardware section of my pc it shows 2 yellow yield symbols
1- on Marvell 91xx ata device / type(other devices)
1- on Universal Serial Bus Controller/ type(other devices)

In the devices and printers control panel
There are 2 things unspecified
both are Logitech USB Devices

My wireless keyboard and mouse(logitech y-rh35) works, but it does not have updated drivers from Logitech

I'm gonna go buy a new $30 Windows 7 wireless keyboard today, as a way of troubleshooting

Also,
Why does Firefox keep crashing?

Please help,
Thanks

Preinstall driver?
does that mean I'm screwed now that I already installed Windows 7
How many of these divers should I install?

Preinstall driver?
does that mean I'm screwed now that I already installed Windows 7
How many of these divers should I install?

no just go grab all of the drivers for your system and install them until all your devices are fully up to date with latest drivers :)

regarding the .dmp file the symbols won't load giving the same "BugCheck 1000008E" and your windows 7 build number isn't current
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16481.x86fre.win7_gdr.091207-1941
GDR is normally distributed via Windows Update and Microsoft Download Center to improve user experience, and contains software updates that address widespread critical issues, such as security vulnerabilities, and that are broadly released. The fact that Microsoft adds GDR into the build string of OS kerner (ntoskrnl.exe) of Windows 7 RTM may signify that the reliability and stability can still be improved considerably.

I am not sure how much help I can offer you while symbols won't load and your build number is unusual and possibly unstable ?

please can you check your NT kernel by running an elevated cmd prompt "where /r c:\ /f /t ntoskrnl.* > 0 & start notepad 0" (copy paste letters in bold) then see notepad output and post here ?

Back
Top Bottom