Windows 7 Windows 7 Builds 7047 and 7048 are available

hbailla

Windows 7 is growing at fast pace through development milestones, in its way from Beta to Release Candidate stage, with interim builds cooking over in Redmond even though served only to select company testers and dogfooded internally. The start of March 2009 is synonymous with reports indicating that Microsoft has signed off Windows 7 Build 7048, again. Previous news that the Redmond company had wrapped up Windows 7 Build 7048 from the Release Candidate branch were squashed by Steven Sinofsky, senior vice president, Windows and Windows Live Engineering Group. The Windows boss indicated a couple of weeks ago that Microsoft had at that time not even compiled Build 7046, let alone any superseding development milestones.

indows 7 is growing at fast pace through development milestones, in its way from Beta to Release Candidate stage, with interim builds cooking over in Redmond even though served only to select company testers and dogfooded internally. The start of March 2009 is synonymous with reports indicating that Microsoft has signed off Windows 7 Build 7048, again. Previous news that the Redmond company had wrapped up Windows 7 Build 7048 from the Release Candidate branch were squashed by Steven Sinofsky, senior vice president, Windows and Windows Live Engineering Group. The Windows boss indicated a couple of weeks ago that Microsoft had at that time not even compiled Build 7046, let alone any superseding development milestones.

Since the initial Win 7 Build 7048 proved a fake, Microsoft moved the next iteration of the Windows client to 7047. Last week, David Lowe, group product manager for Windows Server, Microsoft, revealed that he had finished wrapping up the installation of Windows 7 Build 4047 on two of his machines (via Neowin). One change compared to previous releases of Windows 7 emphasized by Lowe was the fully functional Homegroup. But 4047 is of course nothing more than an interim build on the way to RC.

to read the whole article , you can visit : computer news: Windows 7 Builds 7047 and 7048 are available

Windows 7 is growing at fast pace through development milestones, in its way from Beta to Release Candidate stage,

In the mean time MS should stop delivering shit named Vista and give OEM sellers license to install WinXP to the PCs they are selling out.

I understand very well that MS wants to test and retest W7 as thoroughly as possible, but in the mean time we are in great troubles. MS has sold the Visva to reselers and most of the customers do not want it.
We don't even want W7, but it seems MS has allready left WinXP behind. All the updates of WinXP have, since last spring, been more or less full of faults. There might be some summerboys building those updates. Personally I have now locked out the updates of my PCs.

We are eagerly waiting, can we run our old soft- and hardware with W7 final release or should we either stay with WinXP or move to Linux.

You have heard the Microsoft slogan, where they keep telling, that Vista is the most sold OS ever. That might be true - MS has sold Vista to the PC companies, OEM and resellers. 'If you don't buy this, you will not have licenses to sell anything else from MS. If you sell a PC either without Windows or with Linux, you still got to pay Windows license for that PC, or we don't sell you anything.'
So. Resellers have their hands full of computers with Vista and customers are asking for WinXP.

I have had many models with Vista (mostly laptops) on my table where WinXP just can not be installed. There is no drivers. I can tell you my customers have been rather pissed off. Many of them are now using Linux and swear they will never again buy again a PC of that brand.

I have had many models with Vista (mostly laptops) on my table where WinXP just can not be installed. There is no drivers. I can tell you my customers have been rather pissed off. Many of them are now using Linux and swear they will never again buy again a PC of that brand.

I find it VERY hard to believe that you weren't able to install Windows XP on something that was running Windows Vista... common now.. that doesn't even make sense... ;) Windows XP came BEFORE Windows Vista remember... As far as drivers go... there are TONS of drivers out there for Windows XP.. some require that you actually look around though in order to find them.. which is also a very easy task these days.. :) That sounds more like your clients were just MS haters and used that as an excuse not to use a Windows based PC... ;)

It's obvious that you don't like Windows Vista.. but you have to admit, obviously the number of people that do is far larger than the number of people that don't.. the sales figures explain that quite well... :) (And I don't mean OEM sales, I mean average joe goes into a store and buys it sales)..

As far as Windows 7 goes... I really don't think Microsoft will have a problem selling it... The Beta was a huge hit! The builds that followed are just as popular and I'm willing to bet the RC will be even more popular than those... In my opinion Windows Vista is a good OS.. Windows 7 is a much better OS.. Windows 7 will sell fine and those that are currently running Windows Vista and liking it will most likely continue to do so in a dual or triple or even quad boot setup after Windows 7 is released...

I find it VERY hard to believe that you weren't able to install Windows XP on something that was running Windows Vista... common now.. that doesn't even make sense... ;) Windows XP came BEFORE Windows Vista remember... As far as drivers go... there are TONS of drivers out there for Windows XP.. some require that you actually look around though in order to find them..
It's obvious that you don't like Windows Vista.. but you have to admit, obviously the number of people that do is far larger than the number of people that don't.. the sales figures explain that quite well... :) (And I don't mean OEM sales, I mean average joe goes into a store and buys it sales)..

As far as Windows 7 goes... I really don't think Microsoft will have a problem selling it...

The problem with WinXP installation is that there has not been drivers for certain RAID and SATA connections. The last problem child was a well known Japan-Germanian product, which contained two HD connected to a SATA which was conected to RAID. There was drivers and information only for Vista on their web site.
I spend hours and hours every week huntingfor the drivers. Sometimes I manage and sometimes not. In most cases you don't find the driver with the PC brand or mainboard brand. Not even with the device brand. In some cases you got to find the chipset and then it just might be you find the right one.

Yes. I don't like Vista. I don't like it because it is extremely expensive to update all and everything in our company. Living in a battleship class environment you don't like to throw money out in vain. We made the decision to jump over Vista as we did with W2k.
About the sales figures: 10 billion flys can't be wrong...
Please tell me all the possibilities there is: how many laptops are sold with WinXP last 4 months ? I know: none, because MS has not sold WinXP to anyone, even if they ask for it. How many is sold with Linux or without nothing so that the customer could install Linux herself ? -You don't know, so don't I. There is no figures about Clone PC's built from ground up or from scratches. Those people don't want to buy MS license in vain.

The biggest problem with W7 is that we got to wait it until next year. Until that we got to use the old computers we have.

I have read messages that WinXP Empedded will be there until 2014, but that doesn't help us with our laboratory systems. We can not build our systems over the kernel, which is going to change every now and then. Our laboratory staff, at least those in connection with NASA, ESA and CERN are moving to Linux en masse. The same is happening with our environmental labs.

I can't understand this. IMO It's totally "Bovine Scatology" that XP won't install on a lot of even new hardware.

If you have a load of computers that you find XP "Uninstallable on" then I suggest you take a job in ANYTHING other than I.T.

There are LOADS of SATA Drivers and Chipset drivers that will work on even the LATEST hardware -- the main reason people can't install XP on these computers is usually the folowing

1) The install CD isn't at SP2 level (at least)
2) People haven''t a clue how to slipstream SP2 into the Windows install disk.
3) In addition you have to slipstream the SATA drivers at least -- after installation you can always find XP drivers for all but the most eseoteric hardware.

It's actually very simple to "De-Vista" a computer if you want to.

Often posts tend to imply that because person XXXX hasn't been able to do something it must be impossible.

Just have a look at the new netbooks (all with SATA disks) being shipped with XP -- Quite easily done if you just google a bit.

IF you want to go over the top just go to the DRIVERPACKS site -- you can then build an install disk with almost every driver in the known (and unknown) universe.

Try here

DriverPacks.net > DriverPacks > Intro

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
^^ Not true, especially for branded computers. I tried EVERYTHING to get XP to load on my Acer Aspire M5640 when I first got it, and it wouldn't load. There are NO Sata drivers, because the motherboard is Acer manufactured, and they don't give you any. I tried to jimmy-rig some, no go. I tried using similar ones, no go, I tried installing to IDE and ghosting the drive onto the Sata, and for some ungodly reason; no go. Before you say "Was it a slipstreamed disk?" I'll tell you, it was a slipstreamed SP3 disk, with ALL the updates up to the point in time when I tried it.

It's COMPLETELY impossible on select machines.

That's not to say that there aren't machines out there deemed "un-XP-able" that XP can be put on, but there are machines it's impossible to install natively on.

Hi Kyle -- it's VERY rare -- I'm sure there are SOME machines where XP is "uninstallable" but in general 99% of Machines out there should be "XP capable". It's always possible to find some hardware that doesn't work but I think you'll find that XP (maybe with a bit of juggling) will in general install.

Cheers
jimbo

I wouldn't even say 99%. I'd say more in the range of 80% now. I've worked on a lot of computers (There are three on my desk right now getting work done between posts) and there are a lot of prebuilt brand name machines that will NOT install XP.

I wouldn't even say 99%. I'd say more in the range of 80% now. I've worked on a lot of computers (There are three on my desk right now getting work done between posts) and there are a lot of prebuilt brand name machines that will NOT install XP.

Makes life in IT interesting, huh ?
Your customer buys a PC and asks you to install XP there. You have no way to know if it is one of the 80% or 20%. Then you spend some hours Googling for drivers on the PC brand name, then some hours with the mainboard brand, then with the chipset brand. You get some driver from some fancy website and you just have to subscribe and make some new post filters to delete all the little-blue-pill advertisement their friends are sending.

If you have luck, the driver you have downloaded just doesn't work at all. If you are out of luck, the driver works until you have formatted the Vista installation and stops there. Then you got to install Vista again.
If you have not spent the necessary hours to copy the recovey packet to DVDs and CDs, you have bricked your customers laptop.

All this together you have spent at least one working day, possibly many and got nothing except headache and more stress.
After some cases of this kind you are rather pissed off with MS.

You refer us to a link by an article written by yourself, but copied from other sources. The link trail seems to be rather confused. You can track it back, with persistence, to a statement by Stan Sinofsky, some weeks ago. I have no idea what Neowin are referring to.
Whilst it did not state it clearly, the article refers mainly to the x86 version, which has only just popped up on the torrents. It cross references to a quote from a Microsoft senior employee, whose work is concerned with the Server only, which itself refers once again to build 4047, which has not existed in connection with Windows 7 for some years! Rather confusing!
Build 7048, 64 Bit, was available to selected parties, mainly Microsoft engineers, around Feb 20th, whatever Stan cares to make public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows 7 Builds 7047 and 7048

7048 installed on ASUS but realtek drivers not working. any help is appreciated.

7048 installed on ASUS but realtek drivers not working. any help is appreciated.

i had the same problem on build 7000, just use the drivers that came with windows 7, the moment you upgrade the realtek dirvers, your realtek device will stop working, or so has been my experience on two realtek devices

How can a regular guy on the street get build 7048???

This question has been asked a dozen times already and answered just as many.. ;) please stop asking it.. Links to interim builds will NOT be given out on this forum.. A guy on the street can't get build 7048 without doing it illegally... ;)

Back