Windows 7 Windows 7 desktop side toolbar

smokiedabong

In windows XP you could create a new toolbar in the taskbar and then drag it to the side or top of the screen , in Vista you could create a new folder on your desktop and drag it to the side of the screen creating a side toolbar . In windows 7 it seems there's no option for creating a desktop side toolbar with my computer or desktop for example . I always used a side toolbar , always on top , auto-hide with my computer and desktop , it's the most eficient way to work and the quickest way to acces any partition or program . Is there a way to create a side toolbar ?

Nope. Not under W7. I've just found something called "Object Dock" which may sort this out....

Alan

I also use this feature in Xp but as a "My Computer" toolbar on the left side of the left monitor(Dual Display) I miss that toolbar.:frown:

As I said, ObjectDock (Link Removed - Invalid URL) may be what you need. It seems pretty good to me.

Alan

ive used rocket dock for some time i rarely use the start menu since installing it, ive used stardock before it seemed quite bulky and doesnt touch the speed of rocketdock. but it has pretty much all the same features

Trouble with Rocketdock is that it doesn't work under 64 bit OS's. I'm running W7 64 bit and Objectdock works for me,

Alan

I used all the Stardock programs for years but I don't think I should have to use a third party program for what was free in XP. I use Cursor XP in 7 because I like animated cursors but Windows had the toolbar feature for free. I hate that this is not available in 7:mad:

my guess is that the main reason it's no available is because of the libraries. you can just create a library with everything you want and get to it with a maximum of 2 clicks. granted it's not the same but it's pretty fast nonetheless.

I think the new taskbar in W7 is going to get rid of my need for Object Dock. I think anyway, I haven't switched my desktop over so we'll have to see. It might get annoying to have a ton of programs pinned to the taskbar.

Trouble with Rocketdock is that it doesn't work under 64 bit OS's. I'm running W7 64 bit and Objectdock works for me,

Alan

it does
whatever.jpg

I've been using Rocket Dock for a long time on my Windows 7 64 bit computer.
I've never had any problems with it at all.

Mike

Back