Windows 7 Windows 7 Display Issue

mynk

Hey, i installed windows 7 build 7000 on my dell inspiron 1525 notebook on its own partition
and im having some pretty serious display issues.

i did some screenshots and remote desktop with my other computers,
and the other display's showed the screen in perfect color.
i still havent tried and external display from the base laptop, since i lost my HDMI Cable
ill post what happens if i get to try an external display

in my device manager, the monoiter shows its location as:
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
and the driver being used in the generic PnP moniter driver in windows 7.

the actual problem is just all the colors on my display are completely messed up
the display works perfectly in windows vista, and correctly displays the "starting windows" graphic.
but as soon as it gets to the point where it would ask you for your password,
its like a spesific few colors are just switched up...
im not sure preciecly what, but its like the reds show as blues etc...
with multicolor things and even desktop backgrounds, this gets really out of hand

i tried the color calibration settings and it didnt help
when it comes to the one where it should show 5 progressing grey bars,
the best i can get is... well lets say the 5 progressing normal grey levels were marked 1,2,3,4,5 on a darkness scale
it would show me 2,3,0,5,6
zero being completly white and 6 being completely black

i tried reinstalling the driver but it didnt help
and ofcourse i cant find an official driver made by dell for windows 7.
but im pretty sure its a driver issue, except it shows the starup screen prefectly
right now im using the dell in windows 7, but on high contrast black and white mode.

is it possible that it was a problem with my cd, or is it my computer for sure
ill post again if i get to install from the same cd onto one of my other computers
please help, and tell me if you need any more information

when i tried installing my video drivers, i got an error message something along the lines that it wasn't the supported OS. so i went into the compatibility tab and checked teh box "run this program in compatibility mode for Vista. and that did the trick.

when i tried installing my video drivers, i got an error message something along the lines that it wasn't the supported OS. so i went into the compatibility tab and checked teh box "run this program in compatibility mode for Vista. and that did the trick.

what do you mean installing a video driver, the only time i can install a driver would be through hardware manager, and it wont let me change it since it says that the best one is already being used. where can i find a compatibility tab for the hardware for a laptop?

edit: I figured it out!
i was trying to take your advice at first and using my drivers from vista and then i tried compatibility mode, sadly both failed.
but then i went through some other threads on this site and found that its a specific problem with the intel chipsets,
and if instead of a laptop intel driver you use a standard vga driver, it might work
i thought, well, might as well try. sure enough there was a vga-compabtile driver under my display adapter in device manager
i changed the driver to that, restarted my computer, and BAM. it worked fine.
the thread's earlier had warned that it could only go upto 800 X 600, but mine worked at 1200 X 800 as well

so in short, anyone having display problems with any intel video chipsets...
just change your driver to "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"

Last edited:
u can download the driver for your video card from the dell website. just serach for your laptop and then download the appropriate driver for vista. and then it will most likely be an .exe file which you can run independently of "device manager". just right click on it 1st and go to properties and under the compatibility tab, check the box where it says "run this program in compatibility mode for vista". that should install your card drivers. hope that takes care of your problem.
p.s. i think this should be the driver u need
Link Removed - Invalid URL

u can download the driver for your video card from the dell website. just serach for your laptop and then download the appropriate driver for vista. and then it will most likely be an .exe file which you can run independently of \"device manager\". just right click on it 1st and go to properties and under the compatibility tab, check the box where it says \"run this program in compatibility mode for vista\". that should install your card drivers. hope that takes care of your problem.
p.s. i think this should be the driver u need
Link Removed - Invalid URL

thanks, i think that would work too... i couldnt find the exe file before, and that was the problem. but i got it sorted out with the VGA thing, if any of my other computers have intel video chipsets as well, ill try that fix and confirm it

Hey, i installed windows 7 build 7000 on my dell inspiron 1525 notebook on its own partition
and im having some pretty serious display issues.

i did some screenshots and remote desktop with my other computers,
and the other display's showed the screen in perfect color.
i still havent tried and external display from the base laptop, since i lost my HDMI Cable
ill post what happens if i get to try an external display

in my device manager, the monoiter shows its location as:
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
and the driver being used in the generic PnP moniter driver in windows 7.

the actual problem is just all the colors on my display are completely messed up
the display works perfectly in windows vista, and correctly displays the "starting windows" graphic.
but as soon as it gets to the point where it would ask you for your password,
its like a spesific few colors are just switched up...
im not sure preciecly what, but its like the reds show as blues etc...
with multicolor things and even desktop backgrounds, this gets really out of hand

i tried the color calibration settings and it didnt help
when it comes to the one where it should show 5 progressing grey bars,
the best i can get is... well lets say the 5 progressing normal grey levels were marked 1,2,3,4,5 on a darkness scale
it would show me 2,3,0,5,6
zero being completly white and 6 being completely black

i tried reinstalling the driver but it didnt help
and ofcourse i cant find an official driver made by dell for windows 7.
but im pretty sure its a driver issue, except it shows the starup screen prefectly
right now im using the dell in windows 7, but on high contrast black and white mode.

is it possible that it was a problem with my cd, or is it my computer for sure
ill post again if i get to install from the same cd onto one of my other computers
please help, and tell me if you need any more information
Make sure in the display settings that it is set at 32 bit and not 16 bit as my computer for some reason installed it in 16 bit by default and i had to change it to 32 bit. If that does not appear to be the issue then yes it is a driver problem and you will have to find away around it until a driver comes out that is supported.

update

okay, so trying about every fix there was here's what i have

using the vga driver on an intel chipset works,
but it limits you to using the lower end of visual features
as in no aero, no transparencies, only basic.
which in my opinion, takes the fun out of win7

but there's good news, as a poster on this thread found...
intel has released driver installation apps for all of its chipsets
find your exe file for your video adapter on the site of your manufacturer
save the file on your computer, open it in compatibility mode for vista
install, restart. and EVERYTHING works completly

hope this helps.
thank's to everyone who helped me

mynk, i have the same laptop as you, dell inspiron 1525. ive got the same problem. could u link me to the driver u used?

drivers

mynk, i have the same laptop as you, dell inspiron 1525. ive got the same problem. could u link me to the driver u used?

the driver i used can be found Link Removed - Invalid URL

but that was just my chipset family, there is a slight chance that your's might be different, you can check with device manager, display adapters. then again, this problem is only with intel chipsets, as the OS worked PERFECTLY for all of my other three nvidia chipset computers.

remember to run in in compatibility mode for windows vista when you run the installer.
hope it works for you. and thank kamran5461 for the solution

Back
Top Bottom