Windows 7 Windows 7 Dual Boot System

keane

Hi All,
I am new so only picking my steps but hopeful that someone may be able to help.

I have just up graded the ram on my PC and Installed Windows 7 on a second harddrive. During install Windows would not finish installation. After two days of tearing my hair out I started stripping everything off the PC leaving only the bare essentials for running. This included removing one of the two sticks of Ram. Win 7 installed and is working perfect, duel booting with XP on two HDD's.

The problem, put the second stick of Ram back in XP boots and runs perfectly but reboot to windows 7 and it freezes on the startup screen. Take it back out and it works no problem.

I am hoping somebody has had this problem before and can help.

System is a Dell Optiplex GX 520
2 x gb Ram
2 HDD's 1 X 80GB & 1 X 320 GB
3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 Processor
Both XP & 7 are 32 bit fully licenced editions

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Windows 7 Duel Boot System

Try running with just the second stick in the one slot the first one uses. If that works ok it suggests that the RAM is ok and the problem is associated with the slot or the board. Try also placing the first stick in the second slot

Re: Windows 7 Duel Boot System

Thanks for the reply,

The ram is working ok. I have tried switching slots also. When I boot in XP it works ok with the 4 gig of ram and the ram can be seem even though you can only see 3.5 gig as this is all 32 bit supports.

Back