Windows 7 Windows 7 Home Prem OA activation

jacrac

Hello !
I have a Windows 7 Home Premium OA edition. The PC stopped working for some reasons, I had to format it and re-install Windows with a different version. Since my key isn't working with the actual version I have, where could I download a correct W7 HP OA 32bit version ?

I tried to add my activation key on Windows' website, but it says my key isn't recognized.
Obviously all the activator I found on the Internet aren't working.

What can I do ?

Hi,
OEM editions of windows are sometimes called OA and basically they are tied to the machine they came on. You cannot either move the os to another machine nor install another version of windows and use the same key.

Activators found on the net are basically pirate material so you would still end up with a windows that doesn't work (properly).

If you could somehow get back to that original OEM copy of windows 7 you could then (system requirements allowing and as long as the oem copy is legit) upgrade to windows 10 otherwise you'll have to buy a new copy of windows.

Well, the HDD of the PC was not working anymore, so I had to install a new W7 version (Integral version) using an .iso on a new HDD. And I don't have the original disc with me.
If I get it right, for my particular case, what you're telling me is that the only solution is to buy another W7 ? What if I upgrade to W10 ? Would I still need an activation key ?

Aren't there any other way to make it work without buying a new W7 copy ? (sorry if I misunderstood what you told me)

I assume your pc originally came with Windows 7 pre-installed right?

This, you say, stopped working so you installed another version of windows 7 and tried to use the same key which came with the original.
You cannot do that.

The original version of windows that came with the machine is what's called OEM and the licence and key are not transferable to either a new machine or another version of windows 7.

If the original copy of windows was still working on the original HDD then you could have upgraded to windows 10 free of charge as long you met all the requirements.

Unfortunately now the original copy has been lost (the original HDD may well have had recovery partition containing a copy of windows so you could restore back to factory settings) then in order to get a working copy again you'll need to buy a new copy of windows. You can of course buy OEM which are cheaper than a full licence but just non transferable.

Glad to help.. I'm just sorry it wasn't really what you were looking for. If we can help any further then post back.

Back