Windows 7 Windows 7 Install: Select A Driver To Install

iCow

I have recently finished building my computer and brought a copy of windows 7 (home premium) 64bit to go with it. But when I try to install I never get past "collecting information" where I am being asked to "Select A Driver To Install" as a driver for my "DVD Device" is missing (apparently). I assumed that the driver I needed would be on my motherboard driver disk. I clicked the disk and told it to "rescan" and it only said "There's no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers". When I navigate directly to the sata,raid & ide drivers sometimes I get a: nVidia nForce Serial ATA Controller on the screen but when I click on that it says the same thing after about 10 seconds or tells me it cannot install and I need to get a new driver from my distributor (I have tried the drivers of the Asus website but the same result). What do I do?

PC:
AMD Phemon X4 965 @ 3.4ghz (black edition)
2gb RAM
250gb HD (sata)
DVD-ROM (IDE)

Note: it's brand new and doesn't have an existing windows installation.

Hi,
if your DVD-ROM is IDE then it shouldn't need any drivers. Your HDD being a sata drive probably will need drivers and it's these that windows is asking for.
Make sure that in the bios the the sata chip is configured to AHCI.
You now need to find the sata driver needed.
All this will be contained in your motherboard manual which I urge you to read.
Anyhow if you post the name of your motherboard, I'll find and post the correct driver along with it's use..

Apparently my chipset doesn't support ahci (according to the internet). My motherboard is a: Asus M4N68T-M

Hmm... Ok well it might just say either SATA or RAID. You want it on SATA. The sata driver can be found here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M4N68T (see screenshot)

Download the sata drivers and place the correct files on a thumb drive or floppy. (I've arrowed the correct drivers).

When your asked for the drivers next time just browse to there location.

Back
Top Bottom