Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation...WONT WORK!

brydon

Because of the stupid nvlddmkm.error I had on Vista that I tried EVERYTHING to resolve I went and bought 7 thinking it would fix the problem...

It gets to the part where it says completing installation and it keeps BSOD'ing with the nvlddmkm error. I removed my graphics card and now it keeps saying

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Problem is it just keeps giving me that message and I cant start the install over again. I formatted my main drive that had Vista on it thinking it would rid me of the nvlddmkm error but no. Now I cant boot anything and I'm stuck with a pc that doesn't do anything.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. This error is driving me insane beyond belief.

Thanks.

Because of the stupid nvlddmkm.error I had on Vista that I tried EVERYTHING to resolve I went and bought 7 thinking it would fix the problem...

It gets to the part where it says completing installation and it keeps BSOD'ing with the nvlddmkm error. I removed my graphics card and now it keeps saying

\"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click \"OK\" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.\"

Problem is it just keeps giving me that message and I cant start the install over again. I formatted my main drive that had Vista on it thinking it would rid me of the nvlddmkm error but no. Now I cant boot anything and I'm stuck with a pc that doesn't do anything.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. This error is driving me insane beyond belief.

Thanks.
Check out My solution for the nvlddmkm error - Guru3D.com Forums

I do not have an answer, so can only take a guess. If you hit F8 during the boot, can you get to the Startup options, ie Safe Mode screen? If so, do you see the advanced options relating to enabling low-resolution video. Maybe if you can use that option, it won't try to load the Nvidia driver. Like I said, just a guess.

Back