Windows Vista Windows 7 Internet Explorer problems.

sharkey1985

I have recently installed the Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade onto my Lenovo N500. However when trying to connect to the internet the internet explorer does not work. Although everything else on the computer shows that i am connected to the internet - i can even get onto the itunes store. This does not help me though as i still cant get onto internet explorer. Unfortunately i cant even run windows updates because they are too busy. Any ideas on fixing this problem would be much appreciated.

When you installed 7 did you upgrade your network driver? If not, try running windows update as it may find a driver for you...

i have to tried to run the windows update unfortunately im getting an error code, which when ive put it in google has basically said the windows update is too busy to perform an update.

Sorry... you only went and told me that all ready..I must be going mad... Sharkey is your Lenovo a 'Lenovo 3000 N500'?

If so, there are some vista drivers for a modem here and I thought it might help your problem?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

yep thats the one - i shall try those drivers now. although there has been another problem arise in that now the keys and screen have started. some keys now dont work and the screen is massively faded. any ideas?

i dont think so. i have turned it on and off and removed the battery. its a bit of a worry as now i cant load windows at all. goin to leave it to rest for a while and try again later.hopefully it will sort itself out.

well firstly, i can barely see the screen as it is severly faded. then as some of the key appear not to be working i cant select to boot windows up. so it automatically runs the repair console which unfortuntely does very little.

Hmm.. Can you get into the bios? If you could change the boot order to boot from disk you might get somewhere? Maybe re-install but using the upgrade method so you files and folders are saved...

i can get into bios but unfortunately i only have the upgrade version of windows 7 - would i still be able to run that from bios?

yes...As long as it can see another version of windows on the drive it will work.. It's only when the drive is brand new you got to start worrying..

Back