Windows 7 Windows 7 Log In

4208Nef

My cousin has a small problem. She tried to change her password on her Windows 7 laptop, but it kept saying the passwords didn't match. Now when she tries to log in, it says the password is wrong.

Is there any way of resetting her password, without formatting the whole PC.
Now we've tried her old password, CAPS and many other variations. Can anyone help?
I think her account is the administrator account, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance...

If Mike's suggestion doesn't work, this is one I use on my travels, inprder to circumvent the password (legally- lol) doesn't always work but the success rate is good.

Boot into Windows 7 computer.
Kepp pressing F8 to enter the Boot Options Window.
Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Enter.
A Command Prompt will eventually appear. Type net user in the Command Prompt and Enter.
All the user account names will be listed for you. This should be sufficient for you problem, but if in difficulties, you can reset the password.
Type netuser davehc xxx and Enter. (See note below).
When the command says that it was completed successfully,Your new password has been successfully entered, and you can now log on.

substitute davehc Windows user account name. substitute xxx for your the new password

Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Enter.
A Command Prompt will eventually appear. Type net user in the Command Prompt and Enter.

When I do this, there's never a chance for me to type in net user... after booting it just goes straight to the log in screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Back