Windows 7 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available

really?
I couldn't see SP1 in that list? At least not the RTM version - the *release candidate* is available, but has been through connect too for several months?

If a fresh report is true then Microsoft has scheduled the dates on which to roll out Service Pack 1 to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users. First, there's February 16, the day MSDN and TechNet customers get SP1 and next it's February 22, the RTW (release of web) of the update.
Service Pack 1, which went RTM (release to manufacturing) last month, includes all the updates up to January (most likely), and brings two goodies to Server 2008 R2, Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX. RemoteFX enables Server 2008 R2 administrators to provide a greater desktop virtualization experience through the use of rich content like full-motion video, portable graphics stacks such as Silverlight, and 3D applications, while Dynamic memory lets Hyper-V admins pool available memory on a physical host and dynamically distribute it to any virtual machine(s) running on that host.
According to WinRumors , the SP1 RTM build is 7601.17514.101119-1850. You an probably find it through sites we won't mention here but the release is close enough, might as well wait for the official thing

Ref: Windows 7 SP1 said to become generally available on February 22 | TechConnect Magazine

2 places looks like we in the target mode now
includes all the updates up to January
I have a problem with that
101119 (yymmdd) = Build date stamp in the format of year, month and day)
Happens every time they build and sit on it awhile, I'm betting we get something compiled back then.

I'll d/l and do full compares when released and most likely format /U and install the new(old)

Thats not RTM just sort by Date and you can see 14 updates yesterday.

Windows 7 SP1 RTM due on February 16 for MSDN customers, Feb 22 for web | WinRumors

and as I said build 7601.17514.101119-1850 is the final RTM. :teeth:

I recommend you stop using WinRumors. Our source is much more reliable and specifically asked to remain 100% anonymous. The general public availability may be a long time coming after the actual RTM is declared. Maybe Microsoft did not decide on a RTM build or someone would've heard about it besides WinRumors. Maybe the decision wasn't even made internally, or canceled unexpectedly. Can WinRumors ever source anything? Microsoft did have TechNet Russia redact the statement about 1850, and we don't know how far that redaction goes.

I wouldn't have pulled down the files if the info I received wasn't from a highly credible source.

And how come Windows Update is pulling updates that don't patch, which were made after the build date?

Time to wait for an official announcement before we continue to endorse mass-conjecture.

Yes, and he saw the same e-mail, and I believe he's wrong. He wouldn't comment on this thread for 200+ posts because we were linking to 1850... And that's just being honest.

I am running this build 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850 Build Lab 7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
I assume that I will not have to uninstall this when the quote Official Version Quote is actually released and acknowledged by MS
I use this board for all my MS information concerning W7 and also of course W7 Tech net. However Tech net cannot say anything about the build that most likely is going to be the final build for release at this time.

I am running this build 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850 Build Lab 7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
I assume that I will not have to uninstall this when the quote Official Version Quote is actually released and acknowledged by MS
You may or may not. If they locked it down like I think they did back on 101119 then maybe not. Mine is updating ok and had about 7 yesterday here which I did not install all since some were for IE and I am waiting on IE9 release. If they change something and it becomes a new build then you may have to. I personally don't see that happening since it has been locked down so long and released to OEM supposedly. Typical MS

Yes I got the same updates but 8 of them some were for Office 2007 and I also run Outlook 2010 instead of 2007 as my e-mail client.
Hopefully I will not have to uninstall, but no biggy if I do. I am retired only work 2 days a week for pocket/spending money

Only 1 of mine was update for Office(I have 2007) the Junk email filter.
Yes less than an hour and I'm back with everything installed. Unattended

We'll have to wait and see on the SP

Although, we can analyze files:

Here is our dilemma:

Non-SP1 February 2011:

c:\windows\system32
D3d10warp.dll 6.1.7600.16699

SP1-1850 February 2011

D3d10warp.dll 6.1.7601.17514

Non-SP1 February 2011:

kerberos.dll 6.1.7601.16722

SP1-1850 February 2011:

kerberos.dll 6.1.7601.17527

I can say with absolute certainty, that all dynamic link library (DLL) files from the non-SP1 February Patch Tuesday update are dated, at the latest, 11/2/2010 and their file versions are older than the SP1 1850 build. kerberos.dll had a later modified date than the SP1 version, but was a newer version.

This could lead one to conclude, as Trouble has to a certain extent, that after careful deduction, 1850 could still be the proper Service Pack 1. Certain updates may not be available for 1850, because SP1 already has newer or equivelant files.

And our source was not that specific.

ALSO: Why would a unfinished SP1 be able to download from Windows Update, and successfully initate file updates, without a hitch?

To further enhance the Windows community's ability to explore the possibilities of a relatively safe build of Service Pack support files, we have restored the links to these files. We strongly encourage all viewers to seriously consider waiting for Microsoft's official release, and to backup all necessary files before testing any possible development software. We have no recommendations at this time.

It is the sincere hope of the forums that, by providing download links to build 1850, this will assist members in research and testing. We enjoy working with files and like a good mystery. However, users should wait to deploy such a Service Pack into a production environment until an official release from Microsoft is made available. Further, viewers should follow all instructions on backing up their system and NOT deleting the uninstall files unless absolutely certain.

In the interests of general support and information, these files have been restored. Of course, if contacted by Microsoft at any time with a request to remove what appear to be the final RTM bits, we shall do so at any time. As we explained to members before, the forums will act when we believe the best interests of our viewers is at heart. This will include removing links to certain files and restoring them if what we believe to be new, convincing information becomes available. I strongly encourage all participants of this thread to read the original post extremely carefully.

Mike said:
Time to wait for an official announcement before we continue to endorse mass-conjecture.
:up: Couldn't agree more.
Well, that barely lasted 6 hours. :(

to explore the possibilities of a relatively safe build
we have restored the links to these files.
this will assist members in research and testing.
"Relatively" safe?

Researching and testing is over. That was with beta and the RC.
users should wait to deploy such a Service Pack into a production environment until an official release from Microsoft is made available.
That cannot be overemphasized. Note "production enviroment" includes any computer you conduct any personal business, school, email, shopping, or banking, contains any data you don't want to lose, or if considerable downtime would cause problems.

We will continue to carefully monitor the situation for any indication that this is not going to be announced as the official RTM. We will know soon, either way, and can confirm that installing and uninstalling the download does no harm. In fact, February Patch Tuesday files can be successfully installed without harm.

Note "production enviroment" includes any computer you conduct any personal business, school, email, shopping, or banking, contains any data you don't want to lose, or if considerable downtime would cause problems.

This is agreed. Myself and many others have performed testing in production environments, but have now moved this work to virtual machines.

Since it's leaking, I have been running build 101119-1850 without any problems.

I have ran a number of different builds since the early beta days and would argue this build is flawless.
While this thread has been controversial and we recently discovered this may in fact not be the final build of SP1, I still think it's safe to say you're not putting yourself at risk by running this build.

If you're a testing guru, it's worth it. If not, just wait for the definite final release, and as Mike stated, take the appropriate precautions to ensure you get the best experience.

Stay tuned for further updates on the.. update ;)

I am also using it with no problems, the first time I used it I had a problem with Star docks fences program causing explorer to crash, I uninstalled SP1 re-installed it and have had no problems since then. I believe my initial problem was a possible corrupt install the first time, since I have not been able to duplicate the problem

IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION ABOUT SERVICE PACK 1

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 did RTM TODAY.

Windows 7 SP1 Official General Availability to the Public on February 22, 2011.

On February 16, it will be available to Volume License customers, TechNet, and MSDN.

Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 Releases to Manufacturing Today - Windows Server Division WebLog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
Nice.
It would have been even nicer if the MD5 hashes for the files or the build info were published in the article.
We will know for sure in the next 2 weeks.

Back