Windows 7 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available

They have just popped up on Technet. But they are all slipstreamed editions of the whole series. I,ll have to download one to see what the SP designator is.
P.s. Correct that. The first one in the lis is the Standalone SP
Couple of minutes later. This so far:
mu_windows_7_and windows_server_2008_r2_sp1_x86_x64_dvd_619642.iso

Just downloaded the ISO
It contains three versions (ia64.exe for itanium) (X64.exe 64 bit for the rest of us) and x86.exe (32bit version).
Used the WinMD5.exe utility and compared with the 64bit version that Mike posted and I downloaded and installed the very first day he made it available and it reports identical checksums
28d3932f714bf71d78e75d36aa2e0fb8
Hope this helps put any concerns or confusion to rest.
EDIT:
The 32bit versions seem to match as well
32bit version checksums
4bf28fc00d86c936c89e2d91ef46758b

Just downloaded the ISO
It contains three versions (ia64.exe for itanium) (X64.exe 64 bit for the rest of us) and x86.exe (32bit version).
Used the WinMD5.exe utility and compared with the 64bit version that Mike posted and I downloaded and installed the very first day he made it available and it reports identical checksums
Hope this helps put any concerns or confusion to rest.
EDIT:
The 32bit versions seem to match as well
32bit version checksums

That is great news and settles any doubts people may have regarding the legitimacy of the downloads.

Screenshot of MSDN subscription showing official link to SP1 download:
View attachment 11524

If you scroll down on your MSDN subscription page you will find just the Service Packs with all 36 languages to download without Windows 7 included, they are hefty ISO's though...

Tomorrow is the day !
Mikes post on 01-14-2011 was the day, they have the right bits and MD5 and all.
When they lock it down it is release version, common sense that they can't test/debug after that
That was already said the MD5 match

just kidding :polite::polite:
I am waiting on first I find to d/l and do my compares also but there is no change just wasted bandwith and time.

I am waiting on release of full SP1 dvd from digitalriver so i can compare slipstreaming the SP1 into my original dvd is much difference. That will be awhile though, they have to do their fanfare on this web release.

Edit: previous release is starting to disappear from web
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=C3202CE6-4056-4059-8A1B-3A9B77CDFDDA

Well here it is Feb. 22 and the Win 7 SP1 has been finally been released to us "unwashed masses".

I had a saved Clonezilla image of my Win 7 install laying around in case Mike had steered us wrong last month.
I had a lot of confidence in Mike so I installed the "leaked SP" at that time after making the image.
Sorry Mike but I tend to hedge my bets.

Anyway I've been using the leaked version since then and have had no issues.
As time went on more evidence appeared to further support that the leak was genuine.
This provoked a lot of lively and entertaining discussion.

So today I dusted off the pre SP image and restored it to install the "official" SP1 release through Windows Update process.
I initially was going to D\L the SP from MS direct so I could compare the MD5 with the leaked version but MS is only
offering a large DVD .iso at this time.
I didn't want to waste the bandwidth so I figured it would be quicker to go the Windows Update route.

After installing 13 updates and IE 9 RC update I installed SP1.
The SP1 update took about 20 minutes with a total D\L'd file size of 61 MB.

No issues.

Below is a snippet of showing version info.

On top of the image is the "leaked" install from last month.
The bottom shows todays install of the official SP.

View attachment 11707

The version info in red is identical on both.

Yay!!!

Just like my initial install of the "leaked" SP I disabled my Avast! pro's realtime protection
and stopped all unnecessary programs before running the updates.

Thanks Mike you hit a home run.

I just downloaded 64 bit version from MD Update and the checksums do match.
Joe

Just upgraded 4 out of 4 systems via Windows Update with no problems.

I am going to let the leaked version ride also
here is my regedit
This means Mike hit it out of the Park on the Leaked SP! I got from SoftPedia
xnaya0.jpg

I planned on keeping my leaked version as well, I just upgraded the pre-SP image to check out the Windows Update method of installing the SP.
I'm going to restore my "leaked" image now.

I love Clonezilla.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.17514.101119-1850

View attachment 11734

Download details: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)
--> 7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso
1953.3MB

View attachment 11727

Microsoft said:
A smaller, more appropriate download is now available on Windows Update. The best way to ensure you get Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 is by turning on the Automatic Updates feature. You can use our step-by-step instructions or, if you prefer, let us do it for you.

- You need to have 9Gb free system disk space for the installation to proceed
- Takes approximately half an hour to install
- Only 1 reboot

View attachment 11728View attachment 11726

7601.17514.101119-1850

--> Here's my short Autohotkey script to view your current build number:

View attachment 11736

Code:
[B]
RegRead, Number, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, BuildLabEx
MsgBox, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Build %Number%
[/B]

attachment.php

[langtitle=sl]Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available[/langtitle]

Je mogoče fantje kje že Windows7 z integriranim SP1 v SLO jeziku ?.

Re: [langtitle=sl]Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available[/langtitle]

Got a copy of the full dvd
So I did an Acronis and installed it and these were the updates afterwards

View attachment 11738
pencil.png

Thanks that is the build I have had since Mike posted the RTM in January, I got mine from SoftPedia.

Do any of you installed this a while ago also use VMware Workstation and did it cause any problems there?
Joe

Hey, Joe S
Installed it when Mike first made the leaked file available on or about January 14th and currently running VMware Workstation Version 7.1.3 build-324285, (not sure when I installed it but probably a couple three weeks ago) haven't noticed any problems. Do you have something specific going on? I've got Win7 64bit Ultimate host and also one of the VMs, as well as server 2k8r2 64bit (domain controller) and XP pro 32bit, running as the other two VMs, right now. I'd be willing to see if I could replicate your issue if you can let me know what you are experiencing.

No I haven't installed it yet. I was just looking to see if any issues came up with it first. After frying my video card last year with a bad driver I'm not as eager to grab the newest updates with out a little checking first. Thanks for the offer. I just made a new image today and will probably try it when I get the time.
Joe

Chances are if your current install in current with all updates, patches and hotfixes you're not going to notice much from the Sp1 install, other than it seems to still take a half hour or so to complete and your computer properties will now reflect the Service Pack 1 text and winver will reflect the 7601 Build number. It seems as it pertains to Windows 7 the information about it being a Rollup was pretty accurate.

Back
Top Bottom